epilogue

7 years later

hannah's pov

"hey hey hey," i scolded the small child that was whining at my feet, "i don't think the birthday girl is supposed to whine on her big day."

the little girl just pouted and crossed her arms as she stood there. i just smiled and rolled my eyes wishing that she hadn't inherited her dad's stubbornness. i squatted in front of the little blonde and grabbed both of her hands. 

"ms ellie," i began, using the nickname i always called her, "will you pretty please go play with daddy until your aunt ki and uncle pope get here."

"but i want to play with si-si," ellie pouted.

"sienna will be here soon i promise," i assured her. "don't you want to play with daddy?"

"no," the girl stated, shaking her head side to side.

i suddenly heard a scoff behind me and i stood up to turn around and see where the noise was coming from. i smiled at the man who stood in the doorway, his arms hung on the top edge. he returned my smile before looking down to ellie.

"only two, and you're already too old to play with your dad," jj said as he walked over, "what am i going to do with you els?"

the little girl grinned up at her dad before turning quick on her heal and attempting to run away. jj however, caught her by the waist and lifted her up in the air and over his shoulder. the blonde child squirmed in his arms as she giggled and screamed.

"if your not gonna play with me i suppose i should just go drop you into the bay," jj said as he brought the girl down to rest on his hip.

"jj," i scolded.

"kidding kidding," he put his free arm up in the air to surrender himself. "couldn't do that to the birthday girl now could i?" i watched him look back down at the girl when suddenly the doorbell rang.

"ki! pope!" i squealed as i opened the door, rushing them into an embrace.

"and hi there sienna," i cooed as i smiled at the girl in kiara's arms.

"hi," the little girl said before wiggling out of her mom's arms and escaping her hold. she ran over to where jj had placed ellie down on the floor. the two girls crashed into each other's arms, giggling and squealing.

jj walked over to us and he swung an arm around popes neck, grabbing him in a choke hold and tussling his hair.

"stop it stop it," pope said while trying to swat away jj's hand.

"i've missed you two," the blonde said.

"we were literally here last week," ki rolled her eyes.

"well what took you so long to come back?" jj remarked, earning a shove in the shoulder from me.

"it's the two love birds in haiti that you should be scolding for that," pope muttered.

"speak of the devil..." jj trailed up and i insanely looked over kiara's shoulder and out the door to the the young couple getting out of a car.

"girls," i called, "let's go, aunt sarah and uncle jb are here."

both of the toddler's came tumbling after the adults as we filed out of the house and charged towards the two people now standing in the driveway.

we quickly gathered into a group hug, taking in the happiness of all finally being together again.

"we weren't expecting you guys for another hour!"