𝟎𝟏 || 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐬

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

When a person is invited to Stark Industries, either as a guest or employee, they are given a list of rules to follow; and at the top of the list in bold letters was not to disturb Diana Rogers when she was in the zone. A rule her cousin took very seriously.

It wasn't like anything bad would happen if a person were to bug her in that state, it was just recommended you wouldn't try to. For she would often hit you with whatever was closest to her so she could continue.

One of the very first times Tony had tried to take away the writing utensils from her hands ended in him gaining a face full of ink.

You could always tell when the stark blonde girl was in the zone if she had her copper gold notebook open and her tongue slightly out. Pepper had to make a sign to say, 'If the pen is moving, so are you.'

The Zone had originally scared her guardian as she would often go very quiet while writing in her journal. That was until one of her many highly trained therapists said it was a healthy way for her to process her emotions and trauma. Growing up in the lab they found her in, speaking wasn't one of the things she was allowed to do. Not only were vocal cords a wreck but it took a while and some speech therapy to fix. She wasn't used to speaking her thoughts so the journals helped her.

The only person who never followed the rules of The Zone was Diana's friend, Harry, "Would you stop writing for five seconds? We're almost there."

The now nine year-old scrunched her face up as she reread her page over and over again, "I'm sorry, it's the just math. It makes no sense!"

The brunette stared at the girl with nothing but confusion, "The math?"

"The math!" Diana Rogers threw her free hand in the air, "We've played the Hilton team before and kicked their asses. I have all their stats and compared to ours, we should've swept the floor with them today. Yet they kicked our asses five to three. Three!"

"Three...?" Harry Hammer raised a brow till he realized what she was talking about, "Have you- were you recording our stats during our baseball game today?"

"Yeah?" She said as if it wasn't a big deal, "Why?"

"You can't do that?"

"Why not?" She asked, "I have to do mine anyways and it's not like I have much to do when not on the field."

"You..." Harry let out a long sigh and stared at her, "Okay, Di? Listen to me... I understand you have to record your stats and progress since you're..." he gestured to her entirely. "You. But you can't just time and record all the members of our team's stats. Especially without their knowledge or permission. Especially other teams!"