1K BONUS: Akaza Catch-Up

A/N: BEST MOON BOI JOINS THE BOOK! Enjoy, and thank you for 1K reads! I still can't believe I hit that milestone so quickly.

Also, just a heads-up: I'm not going to make Reader a demon at first when you meet the extras (who happen to be demons themselves). Later on will come a chapter when you have a choice of turning or not, but for now, consider her human.)

--

When You Meet:

You were walking home late at night when you realized you were being watched. You drew your katana and looked for the source, but you could only find a pair of yellow eyes watching from a rooftop. It thoroughly creeped you out, but you weren't looking for a fight, so you sped up your trek.

You Meet Again:

A few nights later, you saw the eyes again, this time in an alley. This time you called out to them, reminding them that you were armed and had a satchel of wisteria if needed. They hesitated, but walked out of the shadows, revealing a rather handsome guy with pink hair and pale white skin.

Your skin crawled when you realized it was a demon, but you weren't getting much of a hostile aura from him, so you tried to shove down your discomfort and tried to get a conversation.

He wasn't much for it, but you did tell him that if he decided to meet you again, you'd be willing to talk. (You knew Shinobu would scold you for it later, but honestly, you didn't care at the moment. You were too exhausted.)

You Become Friends:

It took a few weeks of regular meetings, and by the time you relaxed enough around him to stand next to him without that wary feeling when you first met, you realized that you'd become friends of some sort. It was kind of ironic, but it was nice. Akaza, as he introduced himself, was good company, especially during those late nights when you patrolled your village.

You Hang Out:

Since he was a high-ranking Kizuki (and you were a slayer who usually tended to guard your own home town), you didn't exactly get the chance to hang out all that often. But when you did, usually he took you to more secluded areas, such as deep in the forest or near a lake just to talk about your lives. He was sympathetic to the fact that you were looking to find that 'special someone' (as cheesy as it sounded) to settle down with, and since you reminded him of someone in his past, he felt closer to you.

He Makes You Blush:

Akaza glanced over at you, noting the bags under your eyes. You were running yourself ragged again trying to keep the peace. As weak as you still were (not even close to the level of pillar yet), he respected your drive to protect.

You looked over slowly, a tired smile spreading across your face. "What's up?"

"Nothing, just," he hesitated, "I don't understand how someone as attractive and youthful as you would choose this career path."

Your cheeks flushed pink and you looked away shyly. "Well, what else could I do? I'm twenty-one this year, I've got nothing else to do and I want to keep my loved ones safe."

You Make Him Blush:

You were more exhausted than usual this night, and as you sat with Akaza on the roof of some building you were leaning against his side, eyelids heavy.