27

Third pov
In a dimly litted room, a beautiful blonde was lying on the bed. The little sun light that entered the room lightly brush against her beautiful features. Her fiance lightly swept her hair out of her face staring at her adoringly, as if a little mistake would break her.

Though it doesn't shows on his face, his eyes showed that he was clearly worried. His fiance has been acting weirdly these few days. She would suddenly go to the restroom urgently with a pained expression.

He was worried. He knew something wasn't adding up. But what can he do? The dearest person to him doesn't tell him a single thing when he asked. She would avert the topic or just smile and say everything would be fine.

Angel pov
Aargh my head hurts...

"Angel" I opened my eyes slowly and see a blurry figure

"Zay?"

I tried to sit up but instead got pushed back down

"Don't move yet. You need to rest. Angel do you have any idea how worried we were? What you did was reckless. It usually takes 5 grown mages to summon the water lord even if it's emergency you should at least ask one of us to summon him with you. Sure you have enough mana but it is bad for the body. During training you were in a clear state of mind but negative feelings will effect the summoning. You knew that and yet you....I was so afraid that I would lose you" he said as he pulled me into a hug.

It's my first time seeing Zayden like this.... His hug makes it feel like he was about to lose everything... His voice sounded like he was at the verge of crying...

"I'm sorry..." that's all I can squeeze out of my mouth

"As long as you don't do it again. The others already started to investigate about the assassination. They were very worried as well..."

Zayden said still hugging me as he lightly use his hands to brush my hair.

"But the most concerning thing to me is what you said to the goddess"

When he mentioned the goddess I flinched. I messed up, I let my emotions control me that time. I guess in the end I am still human, it hurted so much for the past few years.... But suddenly it felt in vain so I snapped...

" You don't need to worry about that. Everything will be fin-"

"Does that everything include you?" Zayden asked as his grip tighthen

"I think so. No I am sure I will be fine. So don't worry." I said as I hugged back... Haaaa~how I will miss this warmth..

Well I'm not lying. As long as they are fine I am fine. Dying for them is fine...

"Zay, I need to meet the goddess now." I said as I patted his head softly.

He really is like a child. He's still hugging me so tightly. It's not like I will vanish as soon as he let go...

"Let me hear what you guys will discuss then I'll let you go..."

"Zay, it can't be helped. This is something I need to face on my own. I won't drag any of you into this. I swore to protect you guys" I said with a sad smile

"Angel, I no we want to protect you too. Can't you rely on use more? I don't want you to endure everything yourself. We will spend our lives together for a long long time. You are my fiance, my other half and I love you so much. You are so precious to me, I don't know what to do without you so please just don't dissappear one day... "

To think Zayden has this side to him... Now I don't know what to do... His voice sounds so scared unlike the usual one that is firm. He usually have the voice of a leader

Now his voice sounds like he is going to lose everything...

" Nee, Angel. Today when you lost conscious, the fear of losing you consumed me. I lost control...I almost killed the doctors that came to see you and said they didn't know what to do. If it weren't for the boys stopping me I might have done it. They were trying their best to control themselves as well, they must have felt the same thing. That's how important you are to us. Yes, our parents may be important to us but you...

You are a whole new level. You are our hope, the light that guided us in the dark. If I lose you, I don't know what I'll become. Please promise me that you won't leave me. Please..the thought of losing you already drove me crazy. Please stay with me "

I felt something wet at the crook of my neck. Is he crying? Zay is crying... It must have scared him this much...

What should I do now... No I will still protect them. It's too late to turn back now. I am going to die anyways. It is just the matter of time.

"Shhhhhh.... Calm down... I won't leave you yet you don't need to get so worked up... I love you guys more than anything.... You, nii-chan, Carson, Noah, my parents, uncles and aunties you guys are very very important to me. So I don't want you guys to be dragged into this... Even if it's my selfish wish" I said as I rubbed circles on his back to calm him down.

So I am sorry I can't stay with you guys. Trust me I want to, I don't want to part with any of you but fate is cruel. Even I can't control it. So I am so so so sorry about the decisions I made and the things I will do in the coming future.... I love you guys too much to see you die... So I will die for you guys even if it cause you pain...

Maybe this is all an excuse so that I won't experience the pain of losing you but the decision is made and it can't be change. All I can do is spend the rest of my time with you guys as much as I can.... Gomenei (sorry)

(A/N: Minna-San has been asking for an update so here it is even though I previously said I will update when I finish the book. The next update will be somewhere in June and that update will complete the whole novel. Sorry for the typos. Please enjoy~)