C.59

"hyuck it's fine!"

"no it's not!" yoonhwa had to keep up her pace to walk beside him. she grabbed him by his arm stopping him- not wanting to make a scene at school. the other day when he had beaten up two students was enough.

"wait until i got my hands on him. i'm going to fucking kill that guy and then the older version of him!" haechan seethed out his neck veins starting to pop out. yoonhwa find it kind of funny the way he said it.

hwiyoung was a few metres away from them talking with one of his friends. he still didn't realise that haechan was going straight towards him.

she stood in front of him her hand still holding his arm. haechan halted lowering his gaze and met hers. "why are you stopping me? you're taking his side?"

"no.. but hwiyoung didn't have anything to do with this. a-and i'm fine now" she mumbled quietly slowly looking down.

"you're not, yoonhwa. and i don't care about any shit he did or not- he's going to die either way. no wonder i hated him from the moment i saw him. guess he got it from his father" he muttered stuffing both of his hands inside his pocket.

"father! father you don't have to do this!" another boy's voice was heard. "do not interfere hwiyoung!" she could see from a very small hole- the father pushing the little boy to the ground.

hwiyoung- her only friend in the house. he was the first one who saw her that night. the night where she was abandoned. he was kind and all but the father.

yoonhwa let go of his arm biting her lower lip. "he's.. he's different from that man! what do you know?" she said raising her voice. haechan was a bit taken aback. his eyebrows rose in confusion.

"yoonhwa-"

"you're not even there at that time!" she suddenly snapped her lips trembling as she said it. "at least he did tried to do something to stop his father!"

haechan pursed his lips his gaze had a hint of hurt. she saw the look in his eyes.

"i'm sorry" his eyes widened slightly. "huh?"

"i didn't mean to raise my voice. i'm being too emotional" she mumbled clenching her fists tight. haechan's side lips tugged upwards and he cupped her cheek lifting her face up so he could see her.

"it's okay. i understand" yoonhwa's breath hitched when his face was very close with hers.

"i've been wondering when will you guys like.. you know, kiss" a voice suddenly appeared right beside them which startled them both.

yoonhwa quickly pushed him away. haechan's face turned blank and he glared the black haired guy.

"yah chenle! leave them alone" jaemin said as he walked towards them with the others following him from behind. his smile grew wider when he saw her.

"hello there yoonhwa!" he greeted her with his cute voice which annoyed haechan.

"i guess you're the one who should leave them alone, jaemin" renjun spoke as he looked up from his phone. jeno just nodded his head.

haechan then saw a head sticking out from behind jeno's back. his eyebrows twitched. "yah jisung! what the fuck are you doing behind jeno?"

jisung cleared his throat and stood straight. "yeah? nothing. uh- good morning haechan" the younger one looked away when he felt haechan's glare on him.

shivers went up to his spine when haechan began cracking his knuckles his head tilting to the side a bit. there was a hint of smirk on his lips.

"yoonhwa let's go. you can't watch this. it is rated pg" jaemin turned her around and started pushing her to go inside their classroom.

▽▽▽

haechan looked around as he tapped the table aggressively. he was feeling uneasy and he hadn't seen her anywhere. renjun was starting to get irritated.

"can you seriously stop doing that? i'm trying to have a drink my bubble tea peacefully here" renjun said glaring the guy who seemed quite unfazed about it.

"where's yoonhwa? i thought she was with you guys?" jeno asked lifting his eyebrows at jaemin.

"she said she needs to go somewhere for a bit. don't worry haechan, she'll be here in a minute" jaemin patted the anxious guy beside him. there was a very visible frown etched on his lips.

yoonhwa's eyes wandered around the store trying to find something. she was supposed to go with the others but she needs to buy a gift for her best friend, yuju. they didn't get get to spend much time together so she hoped thay the gift will at least make her happy.

she grinned happily getting looking back at the thing that she had bought. she went out of the store and started walking to where the bubble tea place was.

yoonhwa felt like her arm was being pulled by someone. a small scream escaped her lips as she was pulled inside an alley. gathering all the courage she had, she tried to get away from the person's grip.

"let me go!"

"it was really you? so you're still alive huh? after all these years" the voice sounded too familiar for her

she slowly looked up to see who the person was her eyes widening in shock. "w-what" the man got a handful of her hair and pulled it harshly.

 "w-what" the man got a handful of her hair and pulled it harshly

tbh i feel like the chapters are getting shittier.