14

For the next 2 weeks, the five of us did a few missions. Mostly just to get intel from Giovanni and to pile it up to take home.

I grew closer to Rocco and Daniella, and they felt like my own dorky siblings.

Me and Ricardo have avoided each other ever since the chaotic dinner, while Rocco and Irina are practically married already.

***Ricardo POV***

"So, you into anything...specific?"

A long nail trailed over my jaw. I clenched it, unclenched it, and sighed. "Just-leave."

Even after having Ariel for a night, I still couldn't get my mind off of her. I admired everything she did - the way she gathers her face in anger. The way she tilts her head to the side and bites her lip when she thinks. The way she smiles.

"No, i can't just-"

"Get out." I ordered abruptly. The woman was taken aback but quickly grabbed her clothes and left.

***Ariel POV***

I flipped through the channels on the tv which was mounted on the wall across from my bed. I started to become desperate to get off of this boat, as I felt myself suffocating in the endless days of family torture. Yesterday, my uncle made us take a family picture to frame at home. They're slowly changing from mob bosses to old men who play golf at 6am.

An aroma of the seawater hit my face as I stepped outside to admire the clear turquoise ocean. No matter how stressed I was, the blue water would always calm me. I inhaled, taking in the fresh smell of the salty sea.

My phone snapped me out of my trance.

Irina calling 💕

"Yes."

"Me and Rocco are heading to to the club, wanna come?"

"Why not? I'll be ready in 10." I put my phone down and went to get ready. A tinge of excitement flowed through me.

I put on a black mini dress, some lipstick and went to the club with my adoptive sister/friend and her mentally immature lover.

As I entered I was welcomed by the sweet smell of lust which filled my lungs.

Irina ordered, I took a juice. The bartender handed me a glass and the cold liquid soon relaxed me. The  couple went to the dance floor and looked like they were enjoying themselves - me on the other hand sat at the side, alone. 

An attractive young man sat next to me, and ordered a drink. His blonde hair ruffled on top of his head, complementing his chocolate brown eyes. He wasn't as lean as Ricardo, but his skin looked juicy enough to slide a knife over. I snapped myself out of my murderous thoughts, resisting the temptation to drag him to my room and slide a blade over his chest. I only killed when it was necessary, but I would be the judge of that.

He turned his attention towards me. In 3, 2, 1....

"Whats a beautiful girl like you sitting here alone?"

***Ricardo POV***

I searched for the three of them and already knew where they would be. The club. I entered the club and the loud music hit my ears, reminding me of my life on land. I spotted Irina and Rocco sitting down at the side, lost in each other as usual.

"Hey, join us, join us." Rocco drunkenly said. "You know, you should really get one of these bro." He hugged Irina and they both smiled at me before gazing back at each other. "One to keep for yourself forever."

"What's the fun in that." I lied, I don't know if I was lying to Rocco or to myself.

"Suit yourself." Rocco gave up and focused on his woman.

As I scanned the room I saw that the women here were beautiful.

But they weren't nearly as beautiful as the one that reigned my head.

"Who's that?" My attention turned towards Ariel walking out of the club holding another mans hand as he followed.

"That's a guy she met, they really seem to be hitting it off." Rocco said.

"Yea...I think they kissed too." Irina added as my expression dropped.

***Ariel POV***

I looked over at Irina and Rocco and saw Ricardo sitting next to them, a cigarette in his mouth.

What's new?

I scoffed and turned back to man who was talking to me. I suddenly didn't want to be here anymore.

"Let's go somewhere else." I took his hand and lead him to the hallway. To be honest, I only did it knowing Ricardo was in there and watching. I didn't know why but I just wanted to wave around another man in front of him, especially knowing he enjoys the attention he gets from other females.

God, why did I care? I asked myself.

Thats what I wanted to find out.

It was midnight on the deck, so nobody else was there except us.

"You should go now." I said. "I've changed my mind."

The blonde lowered his brows with confusion. "What? You can't do that." He said before stepping closer. "There are so many things I want to do to you."

"I don't want you to-"

"Then why bring me out here?" He asked, a little annoyed.

"Leave. Now." I said before he grabbed my waist and clenched his teeth.

"Give me what you promised me. Give it bitch, I don't want to hurt-"

Suddenly a squelch sounded before he froze. When the knife was pulled from his neck he fell to the ground and revealed Ricardo.

The look in his eyes was what took me aback - his normal gaze was so empty and cold.

I found myself staring through the soul of the devil.