36 | Ultimate move

"What the fuck did you just say?" Bakugo's eyebrows furrowed as he glared at you.

Resting your chin on your palm, you glanced at his desk. You shrugged your shoulders, having grown used to the ash-blond boy's short temper. "I said that you're also a try-hard. And that it's good you're back."

"Tch." Bakugo rolled his eyes at you. Yet, you found yourself feeling thankful that your classmates had helped rescue him, though Todoroki had not allowed you to join the rescue at Kamino Ward.

Aizawa arranged his teaching notes in front of him before he addressed the whole class, "As you are all aware, All Might has retired from being a hero. However, he will still be teaching you."

The whole class erupted with cheers of relief, and you looked back to check on Todoroki. Your heartening smile was enough to brighten his day.

"You will start developing your ultimate moves today. This is in preparation for the Provisional Hero Licensing Exam."

A few more students cheered, until Aizawa his crossed arms, impatiently waiting for them to settle down. "This is no laughing matter. It will be painful, but it will help you become better heroes."

Excited for today's training session, you rubbed your wrist and rolled your hand a couple of times to deal with its stiffness. You felt like you had plateaued since the Training Camp, and couldn't wait to get stronger.

As the rest of the class rushed out, Aizawa narrowed his eyes at hearing some more cheering. "Ungrateful brats," Aizawa muttered under his breath.

---

You bent your knees slightly and put your arms in front of you, preparing to dodge Hagakure. While the invisible girl's goal was to touch you, yours was to avoid her by feeling her presence. After much training, you had improved enough so that you could do this without closing your eyes, but only for a few minutes at a time.

The school gym's floor squeaked under your feet, as you lept to your right. That fuzzy sensation became stronger again, but this time from below, so you jumped up. Had Hagakure not tripped as she approached you, she would have probably been able to touch your feet as you landed.

As the girl let out an exasperated sigh, she rubbed her scratched knee. "You're getting too fast for me to catch you, (y/n)!"

You shut your eyes, a throbbing headache ringing through your head as you rubbed the sides of your brows. "But you're doing well, Hagakure. I must admit that your last attempt was close."

Aizawa strolled up to the both of you, dragging his feet along as he placed his hands in his pockets. "Do you both think that's good enough for an ultimate move?" His tone was dry, letting you know that your performance was underwhelming at best.

Hagakure stood up from the floor. "Maybe?"

"No, it isn't," you admitted. You surveyed the rest of your class, from Midoriya hopelessly punching the mountain of dirt, to Todoroki's mighty Wall of Flames. "Mr. Aizawa?"

He nodded, expecting a new idea from you.

"Last time, at the training camp..." You looked down at your bandaged wrist. "Could I use something to bring opponents closer to me like you do? Because my quirk is short-range, I really struggled at that time."

Aizawa adjusted the capturing weapon he wore as a scarf, tucking it in further into his dark, long-sleeved shirt. "You would need to ensure you make it your own. That is the only way an ultimate move can stand out in the world of heroes."

---

Later that day, after the bell rang, your classmates rushed out of the classroom. You slowly packed your bag and pushed your chair under the table. Even though you sensed Todoroki's presence nearing you, you still let out a gasp when he wrapped his arms around your waist from behind you. "Is Bakugo causing you trouble again?"