Chapter 40: LAURA

The hardest part about sleeping with a broken heart is waking up. When I woke up my head hurt again so hell bad. Lynn was sleeping on my chest, suddenly last night's events came rushing in my head, making it hurt even more.

"Laura? Laura? Laura!" Lynn shouted shaking me.

"What happened?" I asked her rubbing my eyes.

"You literally were screaming holding your head in your hands," she stated the obvious.

"Oh I am sorry I was umm... just having a headache," now that she knows about it I am not keeping any secrets anymore.

"Laura this serious, why did you lie? We could've prevented this," she said her eyes glossing.

"Lynn I am fi-"

"No! You are not fine Laura," she said a tear leaving her eyes.

"Lynn let's just get dress and get over this," I said and stepped into the shower because I really didn't want to fight with her right now.

I stood under the hot shower to ease up my tense muscles the hot water didn't just numb my body but also the pain in my head. Nut I really don't know what to do with the pain in my heart--- not the pain because of the defect but the pain of my heart that has been shattered into a million pieces a million times. I guess we all are in this Journey of my Broken Heart now.

 I guess we all are in this Journey of my Broken Heart now

(lol sorry i had to)

...

When I stepped out of the shower wearing a bathrobe and a towel in my hair, Lynn had already put my clothes of the day. I quickly put on my white shirt and then wore the blue overall on top of it.

Just as I was combing my hair my phone buzzed.

It's George. This is how the call went:

Me: Hey! How are you?

George:

Me: Umm... Hellooo?

George: you are the biggest loser of the century.

Me: What?!

George: If there ever would be a contest for the biggest loser you would come second in it.

Me: If I am the biggest loser than why wouldn't I come first in the competition?

George: Because you are a LOSER!

Me: Okay George what happened?

George: Who told you to take your reports with you?

Me: What!? Did Lynn?

George: Yes she did, mom is calling I'll talk to you later.

And with that he cut the call.

"LYNN GENINE FRANK!"

...

As today is the last day here Merle took us to do a little shopping but before that she took us on a little treat even though she didn't really had to do that. Thus I have made a conclusion that people here are really very generous.

After having the lunch we went to do a little shopping and we bought a Merle a small necklace as a thank you gift. Next we went on a little night time stroll. All that time I was completely normal and even Lynn kept her mouth shut for once. I am still angry with her for telling George but it was only fair for her.

"Bye! Guys please do visit again all of you," Merle said while hugging Lynn after a few goodbyes she went on her way and we went to the hotel. Our flight is of tomorrow ten am. Before going to bed we watched a movie which failed to entertain Lynn as she passed out half way through.

It really have been a hell of a roller coaster for a vacation but still it was a good experience. Merle even gave me her phone number so we can stay in touch.

I kept thinking of my friend Fiona who just disappeared without even telling where and when. Even though we were best friends for only one summer I still didn't deserve a good bye like that. For six months straight all I ever thought was that what was my mistake but I guess there wasn't one. But I am thankful still because if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have experienced such a good trip. With these thoughts I rolled into sleep.

(Also someone told me (Thanks!) that Human by Christina Perri would be a good theme song for the book so y'all can go and listen to it tell your opinions as i have linked it up)

Vote, Comment, Follow, Add!