XXVII.

Chapter 27: Daddy's Punch

🍪Ellie's P.OV

"This is not fair," Alec protested, a frown gracing his features as we both walked inside the hospital.

"How is me not letting you hold my hand unfair and what you did earlier fair?" I glared at him, continuing to hide my hands underneath his/my sweatshirt.

"It was totally fair considering you woke me up last night with your 'Alec? Are you awake?' question," His voice turning into a high pitched voice as he tried to quote me from last night.

I scowled, pushing him lightly."You could've just ignore me and continued sleeping,"

He didn't even stumble and placed an arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to his side and looked down to me.

A few nurses passed by us, their heads twisting to the side as they checked Alec out. I grew completely amused at this and their faces turned red when they noticed me staring.

Alec who was completely oblivious to the stares, shook his head and snorted."How could I when your voice was so problematic and miserable?" He retorted.

"That's still not an excuse to throw me in the bathtub with freezing water," I defended, pinching his side which earned a pained yelp from him.

We both entered the elevator and I immediately pressed the floor number. I looked up to the small screen where it shows the floor number.

"It was a wake up call biscotto!" Alec raised his arms as if to prove his point.

I smacked one of his arms harshly."Then next time, I'd wake you up by smothering your face with a pillow!" I glared at him.

A dazzling smirk graced his lips."Next time huh?" He cheekily asked, his brows waggling suggestively.

I let out a yawn, bringing my hands up to stare at my nails blankly."Oh don't worry, that next time would be coming up in like never." The smirk wiped out of his lips earning a satisfied nod from Jessica and I.

He sighed, pulling his arm away from my shoulder to pinch the bridge of his nose."Fine, I'm so sorry for throwing you in bath tub with ice cold water."

I beamed at him."That wasn't so hard was it? Apology accepted."

"Can I please hold your hand now biscotto?" He pleaded, his sky blue eyes widening adorably.

This time I let the smile form on my face at this. I took my hands out of the sweatshirt and offered him my hand.

He didn't waste a second and interlaced our fingers. A sigh escaping his lips whilst I bit my lip, loving how his big hand engulfed my smaller ones like it was made just for me.

The elevator let out a small ding when the doors opened, both of us walking out. We passed by the nurse area, eyeing the room numbers.

"It's here," He said, eyeing the room number one more time and nodded.

He let go of my hand, taking a few deep breaths and squaring his shoulders like he was preparing for battle.