FORTY-ONE

41 | ANOTHER ME

41 | ANOTHER ME

GENERALLY speaking, Harry Hook did not dream. His nights were often filled with a peaceful void of black and that was how the pirate liked it. However, tonight was different because he was having a wonderful dream of himself and Winter "having some fun" in an empty classroom.

Yes, while Harry liked the peaceful void of blackness, he definitely enjoyed the view of Winter bent over the teacher's desk for him much more.

On the other hand, while Harry was having the best night of sleep he had caught in a while (perhaps it had something to do with his birthday being the previous day) a few doors down from the Sea Three's room someone had managed to catch the worst sleep ever.

That someone came in the form of Winterfell Frost who was sweating profusely (something that was extremely odd for her), was far too hot (another something that was very odd for her), and continuously shifting around her bed.

Her body fidgeted uncomfortably, quiet moans of discomfort leaving the sleeping girl's mouth. For the first time ever, Winter did not feel safe in her room — in fact, she felt the opposite.

Along with this unsound feeling that seemed to rattle her bones, Winter was having a rather horrific nightmare.

She was standing in the middle of empty nothingness. And yet, the black void was interrupted as a hurricane swept in, appearing from out of nowhere.

Winter was confused and terrified, the girl wearing nothing but her pajamas. Not that she noticed, but her hair was no longer brown, but rather back to the original frosty white state. She jumped as thunder crackled, the spectacular electric blue contrasting greatly to the grey clouds and inky nothingness around it.

Winter spun in a circle, keeping her arms wrapped tightly around herself. She was not sure where she was, but it terrified her and she wanted nothing more than to go back home or to Auradon Prep.

A large gust of wind swept by Winter, and yet it was not the usual friendly tones of Gale — but rather it was an icy and spiteful gust that nearly made Winter fall over. However, it was also what snapped Winter out of her quiet state, the girl sniffling lightly.

"Hello!" She called, cupping her hands over her mouth. "Hello?!"

Despite the clouds sounds of wind, thunder, and lightning — her voice echoes for what was no doubt miles upon miles.

In response, the wind seemed to pick up and suddenly the chill was getting to her. She shivered, not understanding how this was possible — the cold never bothered her. Before she could ponder on it any longer, there was a brush by her legs before a figure was darting past her.

"Hey, wait up!" Winter called, racing after the figure, ignoring how cold her bare feet were against the icy blackness of the ground.

Winter assumed this was what it felt like when normal people stepped into a freezing pool of water without shoes.