Chapter Thirty

Merida got invited by Yuri and Lisa to go fitting for their ball gown. Just two days away and it's the farewell ball and then their graduation in the next morning.

"So, I decided that I'm going to wear this mermaid gown with laces and all the glitters. It should also be like scales of dragons," Lisa told them, excited with her idea.

Yuri didn't like it. "It sounds cringy! You want to be a fish or something?"

"Ugh! You just don't know fashion!" Lisa yells, making an annoying face at Yuri.

"Asymmetrical gowns are better than your mermaid gown!"

And there starts their fight. Merida finds it normal since she has been dealing with it almost every day. She's just thankful that she doesn't get involved with their arguments... and well sometimes.

"Guys, are you ready to let go of our high school life?" Merida asked all of a sudden.

The two girls stopped arguing and look at Merida then at each other, shrugging.

"Why? Are you scared of the next chapter in life?" Yuri asked.

"Well, yeah. Just imagine, the squad has different goals and we're going to get too busy to even call once a day. And high school... I feel nostalgic already," she whines, her face painted with sadness.

Lisa stepped closer to Merida and hugged her. "You poor munchkin! I know it's the saddest part but it is life. We're not staying in Neverland so we have to grow up somewhere and find our Wonderland, ya know?"

Yuri clapped. "Brilliant! I never thought you'd say that, Lili! I thought you were so dumb."

Lisa made an annoying face and sticks her tongue out at Yuri. Yuri then laughs at Lisa. Merida sniffed and grins at her girlfriends.

"I'm going to call you guys every day," she told them.

"Awe!" Yuri came running towards them and they grouped hug. "We should get Lisa a bracelet like ours. She's a moon because she had a dark past."

"How mean!" Lisa shouts, rolling her eyes at Yuri.

They laughed and hugged tightly before going back to what they were doing earlier. They asked for some information when their designer came. They discussed what they wanted and how they wanted the gowns to look like.

It's a farewell ball but Yuri and Lisa insisted their styles. Merida chose a simple ball gown that would make her feel like a princess in outer space. She chose a galaxy themed gown as she knows Leo would probably be woah-ed by it. He did mention that he loves the night sky so it's kind of a tribute for him.

After they finished Merida got a call from Jacob telling her to meet him at the orphanage. She rushed there because it sounded so serious.

Lex greeted her with a rose which she gladly took. After him, were kids running with roses for her. She took those roses with a big smile on her face.

The last one to show up was Jacob with a bouquet of roses. Little kids giggled and to be honest Merida was happy.

"For you," Jacob said, handing her the bouquet.

"T-thank you," she mumbles, her face slowly turning red.

"I won't ask you to be my date because I know Leo is your date. I just want to spend time with you here right now," Jacob said, his eyes pleading for her to say yes.

Merida smiled and nodded. The children then yell in happiness, running around them.

"Hmm... you involve the kids for this?" Merida then chuckled.

"They were the only way for you to notice me." Jacob flashed a smile. "I know that it's Leo who you want to be with right now."

Merida didn't answer; she just stared at the kids trying to fly a kite. If only you knew, she wants to tell Jacob but couldn't. Her feelings for Jacob haven't changed in the slightest but she couldn't admit it with herself. It feels like she's going to hurt Leo if she chooses him again. So, she'd rather hurt herself than hurt Leo.

"Why are you still trying, Jacob?" She asked, her eyes still darted somewhere.

"Because I want to. I'm never going to stop trying," he answered. "Someone told me, that if I have 'life' then I have hope in my hands. I shouldn't be afraid as long as I still have time." Jacob got that from Leo.

"I'm telling you, you're just wasting your time and efforts on me, Jacob." In her head it was, don't stop... I don't want you to stop.

She heard him laugh that made her look his way. He looked at her, meeting her gaze and smiled.

"You're too easy to read, you know. I'm not stopping until I make you mine again."

Her heart started to beat loud. The longer she stares at him, the louder her heartbeats. And she can't even look away.

Jacob touched her face. "I hate that you're so perfect now. You're untouchable that it hurts." He meant her heart. It's so easy to touch her yet he can't get to her heart as easy as before.

Momentarily, he put down his hand and that awakened Merida. She looked down, unable to meet his gaze.

"It wouldn't hurt this bad if we were lucky ones," Merida muttered.

Jacob sighed so loud that Merida looked at him. He was laying on the ground now. "Let's forget things this afternoon and just lay down, chilling and enjoying the breeze." After saying that, he closed his eyes.

Merida did the same and stared at the blue sky. It looked so peaceful, she thought. Maybe that's why Leo likes to stay sleeping and laying down somewhere at this time of the day; because he enjoys watching the peaceful blue sky. His eyes were her haven, it calms her down. It calms her down?

This was getting harder, she thought. Merida does not want to lose Leo nor Jacob. She admits it, she has been just using Leo to ease her pain with Jacob. For that, she's the worst person ever. But then, she's also really attached to Leo, she feels guilty if she chooses one.

Who does she truly want to be with?

•••

Merida had fallen asleep and Jacob had to wipe the tears rolling down at the corner of her eyes.

She must be hurting a lot, he thought.

"Whoever you choose, I'm going to respect it. Just like Leo said, I have choices and I choose you," he whispers and kisses Merida's forehead.