Chapter 64

Important A/N at the end...

Arjun's P.O.V.

Once I knew she was peacefully sleeping in her deep slumber, I carefully got up and picked her up carefully and then left the office, not bothering to take her bag save for her phone.

My driver was already here who happened to be my friend, since I came here in Sanjay's car.

"Hi Akshay", I greeted him as he opened the door for me to get inside.

"Hard day?", He asked. He always knew what was wrong. Being in the army meant that they could easily read people and could easily conceal their emotions. When he was off on holidays, he would spend his time with us, helping us if we needed help.

I sat down comfortably before wrapping my arms around Anvi just nuzzled her face and mumbled some incoherent words.

"Yeah, she finally found out"

"Must've been hard on her", he mumbled as he drove. Even though he tried his best to conceal his emotions, I couldn't help but get a sense of unease in his demeanor.

"Something wrong Akshay?"

"Just the usual bullshit", he shrugged it off and I took a note that he didn't wanna talk about it. After driving for a long time, finally he parked the car in front of my gate.

"Thanks a lot, and if you need to talk about what's going on, just call me okay", I said as I held her in my arms.

"Yeah, bye", he said as drove away.

"Chalo, let's get you to our room", I whispered as I walked inside the house which to my utter surprise was empty.

I gently placed her on the bed and was about to go and change when she tightened her hold around my neck.

"Don't"

"Baby, I'm just going to go change, I'll be back", I said as I kissed her forehead and placed her pillow in her arms before I went inside the closet and changed.

When I came out, she was sitting up as tears welled in her eyes. I was immediately by her side and held her face in my hands as I wiped the tears away with my thumb.

"Shhhh baby", I said as I pulled her in a hug. She immediately wrung her arms around me as she cried silently.

"It's just so hard for me to embrace the fact that...that-"

"I know, I know and that's why we're going to take baby steps okay", she nodded her head against my shoulder.

"Want to eat something?"

"No, I don't have appetite", she mumbled.

"Baby-"

"Arjun please, just not today", she pleaded.

"Ok, I'll excuse you today", I said as I removed her arms from my neck and helped her lie down.

I was about to go get some water when she stopped me.

"Arjun, can you just hold me until I fall asleep, please?"

"Baby, you don't need to ask", I said as I got under the blankets and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close until she was partially on me. I rubbed circles on her back unconsciously as with on of my hand I caressed her hair.

"I love you Arjun"

"I love you too baby"

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Finally after a week, Anvi was able to get on with the fact that she wasn't their child and that her mother hadn't purposefully hit her. But she was still reluctant to talk to them. She would occasionally talk to her brother and ask about her parents but she wouldn't talk to her mum or dad.