T H I R T E E N

After Grayson left last night, I was left in a state of pure bliss. All night, I couldn't stop thinking about him.  We've known each other for such a short period of time, yet I don't feel weird about our kisses. Maybe if it had been another person, I would have considered our relationship fast-moving, but with him it just felt natural.

And besides, we were in the 'talking' phase of our relationship. That's what people call it, right? He said he doesn't want me talking to other guys, but that doesn't mean I'm his girlfriend, does it? Well, whatever "we" are, I'm happy to explore more.

After I fell asleep last night, I awoke this morning with a smile on my face. Turns out I had dreamt about him last night and let me tell you, I have never had such a steamy dream before. But I'm not complaining.

I took a shower, rubbing my vanilla body wash over myself. After I got dressed, I checked my phone and saw that I had a text from Grayson. 

Grumpy: Good morning, love

Me: Good morning! How did you sleep?

Grumpy: I slept well. I dreamt of you.

My cheeks flushed while I thought of my dream, which starred none other than Grayson. I chose to leave out telling him that, though. I told him my plans for the day to which he told me that he was already in the car on his way to the airport for his business meeting. He told me he would text me later.

When I texted goodbye, I made myself avocado toast and coffee, but I groaned after the bitterness hit my tongue. I've been spoiling myself with the coffee from Java recently, and now I don't want to drink anything else. 

So, because of my need for more coffee, after I finished breakfast and drained the last of my coffee, I headed out to Java to get more coffee. Yes, I know I have a problem. No, I don't want to fix it. I brought schoolwork with me so that I can do something productive. I had homework to do in all of my classes, meaning that I may very well spend all day at Java. Evie and Mom are still at home sleeping, and Mom isn't working this weekend, so I'm free to do as I please.

The walk to Java is short, and I make sure to quicken my pace to get out of the semi-chilly weather. I walk past the bookstore, which reminds me that I haven't been in there in a while. Hopefully one of these days I can find more time. In between classes, homework, my job, and having to watch Evie, I don't get that much time to myself. 

The bell jingles as I enter Java and I'm instantly greeted by Cassidy, my friend and co-worker.

"Hey, Thea! How's it going?" she asks in a chirpy voice.

"I'm doing well. Classes are definitely a change to my daily life, but nothing I can't handle," I laugh lightly as I grab my wallet out of my bag. "Can I have a large Cinnamon Dolce Latte? Extra whipped cream, please."

"Sure thing. That'll be $3.52."

I pull out the exact amount of money and hand in to Cass, who opens the register.

"Ahh, what an angel. I don't have to count out change," she hums in approval. 

"Yeah," I laugh. "It gets so annoying when the order is $3.00 and the customer gives you a twenty."

"Exactly!" Cass exclaims. "My job is making coffee, not counting out excessive amounts of change for you."

I place my wallet back in my bag and look around the coffeehouse to see that there are many open tables. 

"Sit anywhere you like, I'll bring it to you," she tells me.

"Oh, thank you!" I smile, then walk over to a table in the corner of the shop. This is my favorite spot because there's an outlet and the chairs here are more like armchairs. Comfortable, secluded, and practical.