Chapter Thirteen

"I'm telling you he's crazy," Modesty exclaimed, "Bertie has officially gone crazy."

"Oh please," Cassiopeia laughed, "You're just annoyed he's been too busy following the Hufflepuff girl around to give you any attention."

"He's our friend, Cassie. He shouldn't spend all of his time following her around like some pathetic little puppy."

Cassiopeia raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure you're not the slightest bit jealous?"

Modesty glared at her friend, "The only reason you don't mind is that you are now best friends with Rabastan. I swear you two are always together now. How on earth you managed to befriend that gorgeous specimen, I'll never know."

"Modesty!"

"What? It's what everyone thinks. Have you not seen him? He's drool-worthy."

Cassiopeia went to speak but loud screams silenced her as she quickly jumped back. The group of Slytherins she had been walking with were completely drenched as someone had dropped water balloons all over them. Cassiopeia knew it couldn't possibly be Peeves and after she quickly looked around she caught sight of four Gryffindor boys watching the scene with glee. 

Modesty stared at her friend, flabbergasted that she was still dry, "What? How? Look at me! It's ridiculous. Why does this always happen? I'm going to kill those Gryffindors!"

"I guess I'm a very lucky person."

"Tell me, Cassie, how bad is it?"

She grimaced as she stared at her best friend, "I'll save you some food if you go back to our room and put on some dry clothes - probably best if you do something with your hair too!"

"Thank you! Remember if you see your cousin hex him and his stupid friends!"

Cassiopeia laughed as she carefully stepped around the large puddle that had formed on the floor, "Filch isn't going to be happy with you four. That'll be another detention."

The four boys jumped as they realised their hiding spot wasn't as well concealed as they first believed, "He doesn't know that we did it."

"Oh please, he always blames you. Even when you aren't the culprits."

"We'll get out of it, we always do," James told her smugly.

She arched her eyebrow, "It is a shame, Potter, that you are so inept. You still haven't successfully pranked me. Your fragile ego must be ruined at this point." Cassiopeia then strutted into the Great Hall with a smirk. 

Sirius immediately grabbed his friend, "She's not worth it. Don't let her get to you."

"Sirius, mate, you have to let me prank her," James furiously told his friend, "I've had enough of her thinking she's better than me. Just one prank would wipe that stupid smirk off her face. It's not as though she doesn't deserve it! Like come on, it's ridiculous that you haven't let me prank her yet."

"We can't. She's off-limits."