[22] Forget It | Midsummers III | Tease

Sometimes I contemplate doing crazy shit. Like crashing the vehicle when I'm driving, or something completely bizzare like that. As of this moment, as I sit in a van with JJ, Pope, John B and Kiara, I'm seriously thinking of jumping out the vehicle as John B speeds down the road. I felt trapped by all the tension. Kiara and I still weren't completely cool, and JJ had gone back to pretending I wasn't there. Or, did he even stop? Was his smile just apart of my imagination?

We stopped outside of Kildare's Hawk's Nest, which is a national park around here. It's also the meeting spot John B and Sarah agreed on. John B put the vehicle in park, but left the keys in the ignition. Pope yanked the door open, getting ready to put his feet on the ground just as John B spoke up.

"Yo, uh.. so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself," John B stuttered, his eyes not meeting any of ours. As thunder roared in the distance, we sighed, our disappointment flooding the van. Kiara rolled her eyes, giving John B an annoyed look.

"Really?" JJ huffed, fixing his hat as he sat back down.

"What?"

"Nothin', brother."

"Look, guys, I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery," John B reasoned.

"I just still don't understand why we're involving her at all," Kiara grumbled, a frown on her face as she looked at John B.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" John B stressed, sighing as he explained. "It's-it's just a business meeting.."

I watched as Pope stifled a laugh while looking at JJ. I quickly glanced to see what JJ was doing, and sure enough, he was pretending to give whatever he had in his hand a blowjob. I snickered, turning my attention back to John B.

"Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, alright? Plus, we need the map."

"Promise me nothing is happening between the two of you," Kiara demanded sternly.

"Kie, you know he can't do that," I muttered, but she ignored me, her stare still fixated on John B.

"Fine! Nothing's happening, Kie."

"John B, I'm serious! This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys."

John B huffed, trying to make eye contact with Kie as he said, "I promise."

"That was really believable," JJ stated sarcastically. I started to clap, applauding his performance and fuelling JJ's sarcastic comment. "A hundred percent believable," Pope added.

"Anyway," John B said, rolling his eyes. "I'm gonna take care of business."

"You're gonna take care of it so well," JJ commented, his voice low and suggestive.

"We'll be here," Pope muttered. "In this hot ass car. While it's lightning."

John B didn't reply. He shut the door, leaving the four of us alone. I leaned my head against the window, hating the silence that fell upon us.

How did I end up here, with two out of my four friends not talking to me? Oh, yeah. I chewed up JJ's feelings and accused Kie of being a hypocrite. I picked up a piece of my hair, twirling it around, wishing nothing more than for JJ to tugged on it.

I looked up to see Pope staring at me, his dark eyes looking at me intensely. I smiled awkwardly, feeling the pressure of his stare, "What?"

"There's an elephant in this van," Pope announced matter-of-factly . "And, I need you guys to fix it, because I'm being squished by it."

Kiara, JJ and I looked amongst each other, waiting for someone to say something. I started to feel bad because I was the elephant in the room. I started all the problems, therefore I could at least make the first move to fix them. I sighed heavily, my eyes meeting Kiara's. "I'm sorry I called you a hypocrite and immature. You were right, I've been dealing with some shit and I took it out on you. Can we be good?"