Chapter 4

Mohsin was chatting with his friends as he walked out of class. They all were discussing about the test they just took. He was wailing about the mistakes he made but his friends just shrugged him away because they knew he was too much cautious to make mistakes. When boys caught the sight of Amarha standing a few steps ahead. They stopped walking. "We are supposed to leave now. Aren't we? Can't ruin your unplanned rendezvous." Saying this to Mohsin, four of them slid away leaving Amarha and Mohsin alone.

Before she could clear her throat and say something. Layla jumped in holding a book in her hands. "Mohsin. Thank God i finally found you. I wanted you to teach me this article. It went straight above my head."

His eyes went back to Amarha who was badly ignored meanwhile as Layla stood between him and her. Following Mohsin's gaze, Layla too looked behind. "Oh Amarha. I didn't see you there." She placed her hand over her heart as an apology.

"It's alright. I was about to leave. You too enjoy your company." Amarha smiled, taking a step back. "Are you sure? I thought you wanted to say something." Mohsin stated.

"Nope. We will talk later." She resigned from there and walked out of hallway. His eyes followed but eventually he turned his whole attention to Layla who stood there holding her book against her chest.

***

"I don't get it." Mohsin placed Faheem down his lap who was constantly insisting on being taken out for ice cream.

"Faheem go outside or else i will beat you! Don't complain your father later." Mishal snapped at her son making him stop his fake crying. He wasn't anticipating his mother go mad at such a minor thing . "Have you ever seen Khadijah interfering when elders are talking. Go and play with her outside." Mishal scolded her six years old son who left bowed headed.

She was already pissed off at whatever her brother was saying and then children making useless noises wasn't helping her throbbing head at all.

"Why did you scold him like that. He is a child only." Mohsin had only mumbled this but the way Mishal glared him made him stop.

"Don't teach me about kids." She stood up from the table. "Is that what you had called me for Mohsin? For this stupid talk." She took the plates off the dining table and placed them in washbasin.

Mohsin had called his sister to spend some days over here. He wanteed to talk about something he was feeling ready for.

His ears perked up. "Thats not a stupid talk." He retorted coldly. "I wonder why are you freaking out like this. Its just a favour i am asking for."

"What favour Mohsin. She already has a suitor which her parents and brother is considering. How can i even barge in saying my brother wants to marry your daughter." Mishal spoke in a go whilst washing dishes in the sink and he couldn't take it in.

"Moreover why are you so after her. What does even she has to give you. She cannot cook neither she can do any house chores. All she knows is her MBBS." She retorted. "And look at you." She turned to him. "What do you lack? Nothing. Have you ever just looked at yourself. Ever noticed yourself. You are no less than a prince. And I believe my brother deserves a princess."

His brows drew together on her speech. "Have the goodness on me by not calling me a prince. I am an ordinary boy just like her. And if you are worried about the difference in our way of living. Then tell me Mishal why did you marry her own brother? Why did you adapt yourself to that living then?"