twenty-one.

"(L/n), what do we do?!"

(Y/n) thought for a second and had an idea. She commanded the two boys, "When he starts coming down after grabbing the points, I'm going to create a steppingstone. Sero, prepare to grab him!"

"Gotcha!" Sero responded, getting ready.

"Who's got the points?" Bakugo asked as he was flying through the air, then he noticed Todoroki and changed directions. "Dammit IcyHot!"

"Times up!" Present Mic announced, which led to Bakugo landing on his face. "The second round is officially over."

"Katsuki!" (Y/n) ran over, sliding to the ground on her knees next to him.

"Bakugo! Are you okay?" Kirishima asked as he and Sero ran over.

Bakugo began to hit the ground, screaming like a child. Present Mic then announced that Team Bakugo was in second place. (Y/n) sighed. "We were so close to first."

"Sure, but we're still moving on," Sero pointed out in a nonchalant manner. "So it's all good."

"I don't think our leader will agree with that," Kirishima told him, looking at Bakugo as he screamed in anger. "Like at all."

"Katsuki," (Y/n) began to ask, turning to him as he rolled over, "are you okay?"

"No," he hissed in response.

"Come on, we're okay though," she told him as she got up, grabbing his hand to help him up.

As Present Mic announced the hour long lunch break, (Y/n) touched her nose, feeling something wet. She looked at her finger, noticing blood.

"Hey (L/n)," Kirishima asked, seeing her bloody nose, "are you okay? You didn't overexert yourself, right?"

"No I didn't. What I did in the cavalry battle wasn't even close to exertion," (Y/n) said, confused as she looked at the fresh blood on her finger. "But I don't think it's that."

She went to the bathroom, telling Kirishima and Bakugo that she'd meet them at the competitors' gate as she had to go clean up. After cleaning up her nose, she looked in the mirror, touching it. Her energy sensors triggered and she looked in the mirror, seeing herself in that view for the first time. She looked at her reflection, seeing a fully bright blue force. She then yelped and pulled her hand back.

"(Y/n)?" a voice came from outside the door. "You good?"

She exited the bathroom, expecting to see Kirishima, but found Bakugo waiting there instead.

"You okay?" he asked once again.

"Yeah, fine," (Y/n) lied, not knowing what to say after seeing her reflection.

"Are you sure--"

"I'm fine," she repeated. "Just fine."

"Okay, I don't want you passing out during the battle," Bakugo told her.

"Why? So it's a fair fight against you?" (Y/n) asked, crossing her arms.

"Not just against me," he continued. "I mean in general... I don't usually open up like this, especially in a place like this, but I do care about you, (Y/n). No matter what I say, you do matter to me."

(Y/n) blushed, relaxing her arms. Just as she was about to respond, Kirishima came around the corner.

"There you are, Bakugo!" Kirishima called out to him. "Well I guess we don't have to worry about waiting for (L/n), hehe."

"Let's go," Bakugo grumbled to the two of them, walking in front of them.

As they got out of the arena, Kirishima elbowed (Y/n) to get her attention.