CHAPTER 22

Emma's POV:

It has been two days since we were back in LA after Maya's wedding and guess what today is! You didn't get the answer?

It is my first date with my husband. Yes you heard that right, the day we returned Asher asked me if I would like to come on a date with him and I agreed, obviously who would say no to that.

We were supposed to go on the date yesterday but there was an emergency in the company and Asher had to attend so many meetings so we cancelled it and decided to go today.

But being Asher and how sweet he is, he brought me flowers which are my favourite lilies and apologised.

At first I would have never expected a day like this would come and Asher would ever be this caring or sweet but it turned out better at the end and that's what matters.

So now I am getting ready for the date in our room while Asher was waiting downstairs for me in the living area.

I decided to wear a red dress which will bring out my eyes and skin paired with silver stilettos along with diamond earrings.

I made way down to see Asher who is wearing a black tux looking as handsome as ever.

When he saw me coming he immediately froze from whatever he was doing on his phone and stared at me which made me blush. After he regained his composure and came towards me pecking on my cheek.

"You look breathtakingly beautiful" he said looking at me with a glint and I blushed even more than I was by his words.

"You look good as well" I gestured at him when he put his hand on his heart and said "I am hurt Emma, only good? I am dashing as ever"

I just ignored him and started making my way to the garage when I felt him beside me taking the Maserati keys from the key holder near us.

We are on road and I didn't where we were going and decided not to be persistent by diverting his attention from the road by gesturing at him all the time.

At times like this I feel really sad when I can't speak myself out and not disturb them by my gestures.

It wasn't long when I saw we are entering a huge gate leading to a mansion and I am pretty sure I can hear the waves of the ocean.

There was a guard who opened the gate seeing the car and we made it inside. Asher parked the car in front of the porch and got out.

When I was about to get out I felt the door open and Asher was standing there holding his hand out for me to take.

I slowly took his hand and came out of the car while he held it tightly.

We made it inside the mansion and I started looking around which has all modern furniture and pastel paintings held.

Most of the mansion was in light grey and teal combination with dark furniture making it look so fresh and new.

"Where are we?" I turned to him and gestured at him.

"Our beach house" he said and smiled at him.

"Do you like it?" he asked and added "If not you can change whatever you want here and even in our home as well"

"I love it" I gestured him to which he smiled back.

At the same time a girl who is in her early 20's came to us and greeted us.

"Welcome Mr. and Mrs. King" she said with a genuine smile. Everyone would expect someone of that age would flirt with him or something but she looked so innocent and pure which made me instantly like her.