-55-

Jihoon poV:

Their party was in midden of the amusement park. Everyone was there except Seungcheol and Chan. Soonyoung was talking to Seungkwan, while I walked behind. Luckily they bursted in instead of knocking.

While Soonyoung immediately got pulled into the centre by Jun, I quietly settled down at the game stand. Sorting out coins seemed just so appealing, but it was supposed to be a party, so I just sat there thinking about life. I observed the others, as they were excitedly talking to Soonyoung, while probably making weird jokes. I kind of wanted to be part of their conversation, but I was too lazy to get up. At least I don't get jealous anymore... All of a sudden Jeonghan approached me, judging me from up there.
"Why so lonely?", he asked me, raising an eyebrow.
"I'm not a party person", I sighed. He sat down next to me with another lemonade in his hands.
"Just say the real reason instead of finding cliche excuses. They don't work on me", he rolled his eyes.
"How do you get rid of feelings?", I asked, still observing the others.
"You don't get rid of them, you share them. Also, why so sad suddenly? You wanted to confess, already forgot about that?", he played with his ice cubes.
"Because he doesn't like me back."
"You just know it if you confess."
"I don't need to if I already know the answer."
"You know your imaginary answer, not the real one."
"Stop being so annoying."
"I'm just telling you the facts."
"That is 'being annoying'", I rolled my eyes, looking at Jeonghan, who grinned. "Why are you even trying so hard? After all it's my problem", I asked him.
"Because it's funny seeing you struggle with your first love", he grinned. I had no answer to that so I just judged him with my eyes.
"If you're so obsessed with it, help me out", I blurted out.
"You're sure? You just asked the devil to help you out", he grinned evily.
"I'm not sure about anything so just do what you want to", I sighed.
"He's coming", he then said. We both looked in the other direction.
"What are you talking about?", Soonyoung suddenly asked.
"About the difference between butterflies and moths", Jeonghan quickly lied. How did he even think of that?
"I guess moths are ugly and butterflies are elegant", Soonyoung shrugged his shoulders. Suddenly Jeonghan got up. Don't you dare to leave.
"Gotta look for Seungcheol. He probably forgot the party", Jeonghan made up an excuse. Why is he leaving?
"Good luck then", Soonyoung said.
"You too", he winked and left, confusing Soonyoung. I hate Jeonghan.
"I won't question it", he shrugged his shoulders and sat down next to me.

"Why aren't you there anymore?", I asked him as calm as possible, while pointing to the centre.
"Seungkwan started complaining about certain customers again", he replied, shaking about the thought of it. I just nodded, looking on the floor, focussing on the tingle in my belly.
"You're so quiet again", Soonyoung noticed. Because I start stuttering if I talk to much. "I actually just wanted to thank you. If you didn't come save me, I'd probably be diced in human cubes now", he uttered. I would always save you. Even if it means to jump off a bridge. "You're always warning me and you protect me. Even if I get in trouble you don't really get angry", he kept going. How can someone get mad, when seeing that hamster smile? "Why is so?", he then asked. Because I like you and my head stops thinking rationally, if it's about you, Soonyoung. I just shrugged my shoulders. "I don't deserve you as a friend", he sighed. Yeah, you deserve a friend that doesn't stupidly fall in love with you. "Thanks for staying by my side, Jihoon", he smiled.
"Thanks for making my heart beat so fast", I mumbled.
"What?"
"What?" Shocked about the words, that were meant for a monologue in my head, I quickly looked away, turning red again.
"Repeat that", he ordered. My palms started sweating heavily, as my cheeks got redder with every second.
"It was nothing", I shrugged it off.
"Come on, everyone can tell you're hiding something", he grinned.
"I-I'm hiding nothing", I stuttered, sounding completely unconvincing.
"Why is it always so hard for you to tell me something?", he questioned, crossing his arms. Because it's not just 'something', but declaring my love for my best friend and probably ruining this nice friendship.
"Wanna join the party before it's over?", I changed the topic and got up.
"Then don't", he sulked and also got up.

We went back to the others, Soonyoung easily joining the conversation of Jisoo, Seokmin and Hansol. I randomly listened to Jun and Minghao's conversation, not really paying much attention to them.
"What do you think?", Jun suddenly asked me. I looked to them, startled. "What do you want to do after caratland?", he added.
"After caratland?", I murmured.
"Yeah, when your chapter caratland is finished", Minghao added.
"I never thought about that", I shrugged my shoulders.
"Same. Let's just work here forever, Jihoon", Minghao agreed.
"You never had a dream?", Jun asked shocked.
"I wanted to become a professional pianist, when I was younger", I mumbled.
"Oh right. You were interested in music. I always wanted to be an actor, since I thought it's cool", Jun said.
"I would do that because of the money", Minghao grinned.
"You would do everything for money", Jun judged him.
"Yup, you better be prepared to get your reputation damaged because of", Minghao joked.
"But seriously: what was your dream?", Jun got serious again.
"I never had a dream. I just wanted to survive and get revenge on the foster house for putting me into a toxic family", Minghao shrugged his shoulders.
"You still can get revenge on them", I said.
"And report on a case in china? I already did that and nothing happened", Minghao rolled his eyes.
"You could find the evidence yourself and get them into prison", I proposed.
"Oh my God, Minghao as a cop. I want to see that!", Jun got excited.
"I never went to school, you idiot", Minghao crossed his arms.
"Doesn't the country support cases like that since there are not enough people, who want that job?", Jun questioned. No one said something after that. Even Minghao seemed to think about that idea.
"Whatever. Are y'all hungry? Because I am. We're going to eat now", he changed the topic and went to the snack table, dragging Jun along with him.

A chapter after caratland... would be weird if I don't work here anymore...