30.) 4th of July

You know that feeling when you feel like you’re falling down a deep, deep dark hole but you can’t do anything to save yourself from your impending thud to rock bottom? And you just have to sit there and watch yourself suffocating into oblivion?

That’s how I felt when I woke up on July 4th. Which was not a pleasant time either, considering I was being pulled off my bed and tickled by Andy and Elle. I growled at them and they smiled sheepishly at me.

“Get dressed.” Andy ordered. “You have two hours until we have to be downstairs and partying with all of Hollywood.”

I sighed and grabbed a towel for a shower and hurried into the bathroom. “A gentle nudge would have woken me up just fine.”

“But that was way more fun.” Elle said innocently.

I rolled my eyes and shut the door, locking it, and then quickly hopping into the shower. I made sure I shaved my legs extra good and shampooed my hair more than necessary. These Hollywood people will look for any reason to take me down and I know that. I just can’t give them a reason, especially when barfing on the stage is going to be good enough.

When I got into my room, Elle and Andy had their outfits on. Andy was wearing a simple black bikini and covered it with a red-pinkish lacy see through shirt that came down to right below her butt. Elle was covering her bikini with a short spaghetti strapped dress with cute flowers vining all around it and two ruffles at the top, it was kind of country. Very Elle. I got dressed in my one-piece swim suit, just to fit in because there was no way I was going to go swimming today. It was black and had three large holes down the front, showing off a lot of skin. I covered my thighs with a simple pair of super-short jean shorts.

Andy insisted on doing my hair but went easy on me- a high-poised pony tail with a flower clip at the hair tie. Andy left her wavy hair down and it drifted to her shoulders. Elle matched me with a high pony, caging all of her golden curls. Andy was the only one who bothered with makeup, but went light. Eyeliner and a neutral eye shadow with a soft lip gloss.

“Ready?” Elle chirped and I nodded. I was a little excited for this party and I could enjoy it for the most part because I’m not singing in front of everyone until tonight, so I had a few hours until I became a laughing stock.

“Let’s go!” Andy squealed, interlocking her arms with one of mine and Elle on the other side as we travelled out of my room and towards the elevator.

Andy picked her phone out of her bikini top and grinned.

“What?” I asked with a chuckle.

“Zac Efron just got here.” She grinned excitedly.

My eyes bugged, but I didn’t express my surprise in words. They were used to people that big being around, but I just wasn’t. I don’t think I would have minded if I didn’t know that I was going to be singing in front of a group of people, a group of people that will include Zac Efron, in less than twelve hours.

“I’ll get him to autograph my arm.” Elle laughed.

We all made our way out back and locked the glass door behind us. Immediately, we were engulfed by the thick of the party. All of the girls were in bikinis or crop tops and the guys were in swim trunks, some were wearing t-shirts or wife beaters, but not very many. The pool was full of laughing people, throwing around the pool toys like noodles and rafts. On the pool deck, everybody was dancing to California Girls by Katy Perry and I noticed the speakers set up on a makeshift stage towards the back of the yard. My doom.

We all decided to split up and find our boyfriends once we got outside. Andy went her separate way, but me and Elle stuck together, since it was likely that Kale and Isaac would be together. It wasn’t hard to find them, they were at the table with all the food on it, of course. Pigs.