twenty-six.

"These two classmates have shown their true power, surprising all of us with either mega blasts or bright showcases! It's class 1-A's Katsuki Bakugo and his classmate (Y/n) (L/n)!" Present Mic announced, getting the two pumped up.

"Don't hold back," Bakugo ordered.

"Give me your all," (Y/n) retorted.

Then the match began.

Bakugo immediately came running as (Y/n) just stood there, waiting for him. Then as he was about to hit, she leaped over him, using a steppingstone, kicking his back to bounce off of him and sending him forward.

She then blasted his back, sending him to the ground. But before she could attack again, Bakugo blasted her, launching her back. Before she could go out of bounds, she created a forcefield to block her fall. She kicked off of it, running at him again. He used an explosion on her again, but this time, she blocked it and blasted him once again.

"You're holding back!" (Y/n) screamed at him.

Then when Bakugo was about to create another explosion, nothing happened. He looked at his hands and saw little blue bubbles trapping them, not allowing him to create explosions that would cause any damage. He looked up and saw her holding her left hand out as it was glowing blue.

"But I won't!" she yelled as she ran at him, upper cutting him in the chin. Then she got punched in the stomach, causing her to lose focus and drop the force fields around his hands.

As Bakugo jumped to attack her, (Y/n) flipped over, jumping on steppingstones to get behind him. He then created another explosion, a bigger one, which she blocked using a force bubble around herself as he created non-stop attacks. The potential energy build up so much that (Y/n) couldn't control which way to release it. Finally, after another explosion, the energy was released, causing a huge beam and a bright light.

Once the dust cleared, Bakugo's shirt was ripped and he was left standing. (Y/n) was in her second form, her hair was flying everywhere as the hair tie was ripped out and her eyes were a bright blue. She glowed as she levitated off the ground.

"(Y/n)?" Bakugo asked, seeing her in this form.

Suddenly, she dropped to the ground, the form dying down and going back to her normal self as she passed out.

"(L/n) is out of bounds! Bakugo wins!" Midnight announced as the dust finally cleared.

"(Y/n)!" Bakugo screamed as he ran over to her, holding her head in his lap once he got there. "Why'd you do that!?"

"I... gave it... my all..." (Y/n) weakly gasped out, smiling up at him.

"You idiot," Bakugo whimpered as the health robots came over and picked her up.

Bakugo went back to change his ripped shirt, going to the waiting rooms. (Y/n) was in Recovery Girl's office, still passed out and scratched up. He entered the office after talking to Todoroki in one of the waiting rooms, seeing she still knocked out.

"How is she?" he asked Recovery Girl.

"She'll be fine, but I can't heal up her scratches now. Her quirk took away a lot of her energy, energy I need to heal her," Recovery Girl explained to him.

(Y/n) then grunted, her eyes opening up as her fingers twitched slightly, "Katsuki?"

"Yeah, I'm here."

"What're you doing?" she asked, looking up at him. "You're up against Todoroki pretty soon."

"I needed to check on you," he told her, clenching his fists. "Why did you do that, (Y/n)? Why did you have to go into that other form?"

"I didn't mean to." She sighed, looking away from him. "I can't control it yet."

Bakugo let out a low growl. "Whatever, I'm just glad you're going to be okay."

Then it was time for him to go fight Todoroki. (Y/n) gave him a weak wave. "Good luck, I'll go try and watch you."

"Okay, just focus on getting better," Bakugo told her, patting her hand as he left.

"You can go watch him if you want to," Recovery Girl informed (Y/n). "Your scratches can be healed overnight naturally and if you can walk, you can go ahead and watch the match."

"Okay, thank you ma'am," (Y/n) thanked her as she got up and walked out, feeling a bit sore and tired from before.

As (Y/n) entered the stands a little before the match began, Midoriya and Uraraka looked back at her.

"Wow, (L/n)," Uraraka awed at her as she walked down the steps. "That was incredible!"

"Thanks, Uraraka," (Y/n) responded, scratching her head. She pointed to the seat next to them. "Mind if I sit with you guys? I might need to shield the audience again knowing these two."

"Sure, go ahead!" Midoriya affirmed as she sat down, watching the fight begin.

As Bakugo was enveloped with a huge iceberg, (Y/n) began to bite her nails, seeing that Bakugo was in there but the audience was okay. Suddenly, Bakugo tunneled through the ice using his quirk, breaking free. As Bakugo and Todoroki were flinging each other through the air, (Y/n) began to grow nervous at Bakugo's increasing anger.

"Come on, Todoroki!" Midoriya called out to him. "Go on, do your best!"

Suddenly, as Bakugo launched himself through the air, Todoroki began to use his left side. Then as Bakugo flew towards him, Todoroki stopped using his flames, the explosion destroying all of the ice. (Y/n) jumped up and grabbed the railing, creating a forcefield around the arena to protect the audience again. As the dust settled, Todoroki was out of bounds. Bakugo ran over, trying to get him to wake up when Midnight used her quirk to knock him out.

That was when he was declared the winner.