Yang Xiao Long X Male Selective Mute Weak? Reader

You stood silent in your room as the girl ahead of you quietly tended to your injuries, her blonde hair her easiest defining feature. She finishes wrapping your most recent injuries and looks up at you, sighing as she puts her hands on her waist. She looks around and scratches her head, handing you a notepad that you used to communicate.

Yang: I don't understand why you do this. I really don't. You want to be a hunter, but all you do is get beat up and you don't even have a semblance. As much as I like having you around, I think it's time you try something else...for your own health.

You start writing on the pad, and Yang just watches your astonishing recovery as you write. Your aura quickly regenerates, and you show her the message.

Y/N: 'I want to help other people. This is the easiest way. Besides, I can't leave you behind.'

Yang: You don't have to stay for me, we'll always be friends. I just wish my team was the same way. It isn't fair how they changed and just beat you up now.

You shrug as Yang checks her scroll, the notifications going off. She frowns and looks at you sadly, heading to the door.

Yang: I have to help beat you up in combat class next, or they'll report me to Ozpin for bullying...funny. Well...I'm sorry, I'll try to hold back.

You hold up your notepad and she smiles, not realizing the truth of what you wrote.

Y/N: 'Words have power. Don't worry about me.'

Sighing as she leaves, you decide to finally fight back during class and prepare, leaving the notepad. You walk in and sit down, immediately met with rude comments from Weiss, Ruby, and Blake. You frown as Goodwitch walks in, frowns at you, and starts the seemingly random selection process that ends on you versus Team RWBY. You silently groan as you hop into the arena while your opponents grabbed their weapons. Everyone was confused as you tap your throat, but Team Rwby (minus Yang) happily gets into position. The match starts, and you immediately throw a curveball. You speak for the first time anyone there had heard in a silky voice.

Y/N: Words have power, you know?

The girls look at each other, suddenly flustered. Ruby attacks and you close your eyes as she swings her scythe. She expects to hit you, but you speak.

Y/N: Trip and miss.

Ruby trips over her own feet, seemingly for no reason, and faceplants. You silently chuckle until you notice Blake and Weiss attack you simultaneously. Sighing, you sit down and speak once more.

Y/N: Blake's ribbon tears and sends her and Weiss out of bounds.

And once again, that is exactly what happens. Blake's ribbon tears, sending Weiss flying out of bounds. Blake attacks with the same motion, but her leg gets stuck in the ribbon and she trips, falling out of bounds. Ruby gets up, and you simply shove her, making her trip on her scythe too and fall out of bounds.

Y/N: Yang, are you really going to fight?

Yang: I don't want to anymore...I don't think I can win...

Y/N: Yang's aura suddenly and completely depletes, giving me the win.

Everyone watches as Yang goes to one knee and watches as her aura meter drops to zero in an instant. Glynda looks on in shock as she stares at her tablet.

Glynda: What...What is your semblance, Mr. L/N?

You go to her and say one sentence again.

Y/N: Words have power.

You take her tablet and type it in for her before leaving, grabbing Yang and helping her up as Glynda yells in shock.

Glynda: Anything he says comes true!? He can't lose unless he wants to!

You help Yang out of the room and start taking her to the infirmary, but she shakes her head and smiles.

Yang: Let's go to your room...and you have a really nice voice. If we're alone...would you mind talking to me? You know, without saying your key phrase?

You smile and, hesitantly, put a hand on her head. Her eyes flare up for a second, but she quickly calms down and leans into it. Taking it as your queue, you start rubbing her head on the way back. She smiles and wraps her arm over your shoulder before leaning against you. You turn red and hurry up, much to Yang's disappointment. You finally arrive at your dorm and help her onto the bed, channeling aura into her.

Yang: I think you're the only person I will ever let touch my hair. Maybe because I trust you won't do anything.

You frown and put your head on hers, earning a small blush from her. You start running a hand through her hair and whisper in her hair.

Y/N: I won't do anything to you until you tell me to...I really like you...

Yang smiles, takes a deep breath, and turns to face you. You raise an eyebrow as she nods, and with no warning she lunges forward and kisses you, pinning you to your bed with a smile. As she goes to kiss you, the rest of her team barges in with tears in their eyes. They all freeze as Yang smirks at them, kissing your neck and earning a happy gasp from you.

Yang: Sorry girls, but mister silent here is all mine. Shouldn't have bullied him and just told him how you felt to start. Now can you leave? We're doing something here.

They leave as Yang gives you another kiss, trailing her hand lower and lower.

Yang: Ready to Yang?

You nip her ear and smile.

Y/N: You bet.