Chapter 78

Krey bounded to Pip after an hour of asserting dominance on the field. Pip was happy to greet the wolf who tried to give him another wolf kiss. Pip dodged his tongue with a grin. He scratched Krey's head as he sat, panting after an hour of constant exercise.

Makena gazed at his wolf almost longingly, remembering what it was like to have her wolf, and her mate always by her side.

"It's getting late. I'll have Francis bring you up a warm drink and a hot water bottle, Pip." Makena watched Krey carefully as he stared at Mark cuddling into Victoria's wolf. Krey could be arrogant at times, especially in his wolf form.

"That's really thoughtful of you, M-Makena." Pip almost forgot her name. For the past ten minutes, he had been suffering in silence. The cold had gotten to his bones. Pip shivered uncontrollably and was sure the entire pack had heard his teeth chattering.

Being inside the building wasn't much warmer, but Pip was shielding from the wind and his skin was grateful.

Krey walked with him in his wolf form and shifted when they reached the bedroom. He was hot and sweaty while Pip was cold and shivering. "Get under the duvet," he demanded, accidentally using his Alpha voice.

Pip was already halfway onto the bed, not needing to be told twice.

Krey turned on the shower and Pip pursed his lips, sinking down on the bed until the duvet touched his chin. Pip wondered when they would get a bathroom door while Krey, once again, didn't care about his lack of clothes.

Krey wandered into the room when he was done washing, rubbing his hair with a towel, and casually looking through his drawers for some pyjamas.

Pip watched him, clearly flustered. Krey's skin was smooth, with the occasional small mole across his back, and one on his chest. He had a few scars from years of scrapping with other wolves, and a great body from years of running and training. Muscles moved sleekly under his skin, even from the slightest movement.

Krey felt him watching. Just like on the field, Pip's eyes rarely left his wolf. Being watched by a mate was exhilarating. Krey wanted to show off all the time, draw his attention all the time, and find things that entertained Pip. Krey even felt jealous when Pip sometimes talked with his mother on the bench.

He turned when he found some black pyjama bottoms. Pip was staring at his body with glassy eyes and very pink cheeks. He gripped the duvet by his chin, chewing his bottom lip and deepening his dimples.

Krey tilted his head with a smirk. "I sleep naked sometimes."

Pip pulled the duvet over his head and curled awkwardly into a ball.

The corners of Krey's lips twitched with amusement. Instead of putting his pyjamas on, he climbed on the bed and laid next to him, waiting for him to resurface.

Pip surface for fresh air, thinking Krey was wearing trousers. He slapped a hand over his eyes immediately at the first sight of him.

Krey reached over to pull his hand away. It took some persuasion, but a crimson-faced Pip soon peeked from behind his fingers.

Krey studied him carefully. If Pip was uncomfortable, he would put his pyjamas on in an instant. Judging by the size of Pip's pupils, and the hint of a smile on his lips, Krey knew he was more embarrassed.

"Don't you sleep naked sometimes?" Krey tried not to think about it, knowing his mind would fall too deep.

Pip shook his head. "What if something happens in the night and you have to leave in a hurry, but you forgot you're not wearing anything?"