Kuroo Tetsurou - Headline Pt 1

AU: Parent

Requested

FEM!Reader

Word Count: 2.3K

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

"Long time girlfriend of Tokyo volleyball player, Tetsurou Kuroo, left their apartment early in the morning with a bag. Is it splitsville for them?"

You rolled your eyes, laughing slightly as you read the article headline. The "early morning" was for your early meeting and your bag was filled with books that you were returning to the library, books that you wanted to throw at the person who wrote that.

This must have been the fifth article that you read this week about yourself and at first, you were annoyed or angry, but after a second, you always found it kind of funny. Where did these people get their ideas for stories? Did they just put them into a random prompt generator?

The only thing that you knew for certain was that someone was outside of your apartment taking photos which is a little unsettling. You'd have to remind Kuroo later, maybe see if the two of you could get a little extra security.

This was your home and you weren't going to let them take that away from you.

When you started dating Kuroo, you knew that he was a volleyball player for the Tokyo team, but you didn't expect for people to be invested in the player's lives or who they were dating. You didn't mind though, being with Kuroo was all that you could ask for, and if you had to live with people knowing who you are, then it was worth it.

Your head turned as you heard Kuroo coming through the front door. "Did you hear? We're heading for splitsville. I want the apartment. You can have everything else."

Kuroo laughed and sat beside you on the couch, picking up your legs and placing them on his lap. "I thought that we broke up 5 months ago? And I want the apartment."

"Nope," you smiled, "Apparently my bookbag holds all of my possessions and I'm leaving you. Why would I leave if I get the apartment? They should really think about that before they post these things. Maybe they should be more cautious of you leaving the apartment."

Kuroo patted your legs. "Please, I couldn't fit anything in one backpack. You've seen all my stuff." He gestured around the room where all of his trinkets were littered around, and then looked back at you, grabbing your hand. "You okay?"

You lead your head to the side, resting on a pillow. "Yeah. Are you? How was practise?"

"Tiring. My arms feel like they are going to fall off."

"Too bad," You sighed, "I like your arms."

Kuroo laughed. "But I get the day off tomorrow so we could do anything tonight?"