Chapter 31: Mission Destroy

// a bit of a late update. Sorryy. Warning ⚠️ grotesque details?? //

Previously....

The man desperately picked up the phone. "Deploy everyone. This is bigger than we could've imagined."

Ace ear twitched . He was sure he heard it. There were other people here.

From his new senses he could tell there was a whole army and he was right. A crowd of around 200 hunters armed with weapons formed a circle around him.

The weapons all pointing towards him.

They got here quick. Ace got off of the dead body that he was standing on and stalked towards a shivering Felix. He didn't like that he was scared. But what was he expecting. This wasn't something to take lightly.

He stood in front of him shielding him form the possibly dangers. He knew this would be hard. There was too many of them for him to fight all by himself.

He was about to pounce but didn't get the chance to. One of the men fell. And on top of them was another wolf. They looked similar and judging from the smell ace could instantly tell who it was.

mom?

There wasn't enough time to ponder on the thoughts as the men began firing their weapons.

There were way more wolves which appeared out of nowhere.

Ace didn't know whether to trust them but since they were fighting the same people, he had no choice but to fight along side them. he stayed in front of Felix ripping apart anyone who dared to come close.

Felix was slowly gaining his mobility. and tried to crawl away however found himself trapped in a circle of wolves.

At first, he felt frightened but soon after he came to understand the situation.

He was being protected.

His eyes could barely leave Jason's wolf. Something about it made him feel safe the man stayed frozen in his ring of safety observing Ace.

He was worried that he may have been hurt if he took his eyes of him. All his anger that were built up for 3 years dissipated and all he knew was Jason. He couldn't lose him.

Gunshots were continuously fired from the enemy piercing into the wolf's bodies. Some wolves let out a yelp before laying lifelessly on the ground.

However, once a howl was released by Jason's mum everyone left would regain their strength and carry on fighting.

It got to the point where the wolves strongly outnumbered the humans and were winning.

This was the time to finish everything off.

Ace broke the circle around Felix and immediately charged to the humans. He ripped throats apart, throwing the flesh away.

He did this to each human moving onto the next over and over again.

He came across another human, pouncing on her and scratching her eyes out leaving her blind. She began aimlessly shooting her weapon which Ace was able to effectively dodge.

This was nothing to him.

Ace ended up decapitating her head from her body. Nothing could stop him.

The anger he experiences at first just seemed to amplify and he lost all traces of sense.

While Ace was fighting at the front lines, he heard a bullet being shot. This one was louder than all the others. Looking around to find the victim he instantly froze when he saw the pool of blood collecting on Felix's chest.

It stained his shirt and his face held on of discomfort and agony.

And that was it.

that was last that Ace or Jason had of their memory. From that point on everything became a blur. All ace could remember was him weaving through the forest. He could remember his fur feeling heavily with the pints of blood soaked in it.

He didn't know how long it took but eventually everything died down.

Felix however couldn't forget a single thing. The second the bullet pierced his skin he instantly felt the excruciating pain. It started from his leg which were shot and slowly spread throughout his body. he couldn't help but scream out in pain hoping it'll stop.

But it didn't.

it wasn't long before then he felt someone picking him up. He guessed it was Jason but couldn't tell. His eyes were blurry and could barely make out the face. the pain was so strong he felt it until the current minute.

Felix's haltingly opened his eyes. his leg was throbbing, and a weak groan escaped his lips.

His vision was still blurry, but he could only about make a figure sitting down crouch over.

Jason lifted his head his eyebrow perking up. Upon seeing Felix slowly awakening a smile spread across his face. all the heaviness which dawned on him form the second he brought him here was now beginning to disappear.

He instantly got up and walked towards the boy. "Felix." he said sadly looking down on him.

It hurt that he wasn't able to protect him. He should've stayed close to him. It should've been him. Felix's vision finally aligned, and he could clearly see Jason's standing in front of him.

He could only think of one thing at that moment. After being so close to death he'd wish he'd said one thing to Jason.

"I'm happy...im happy you came back. "

A doctor walked into the room at that moment and began tending to Felix.

Jason was quickly ushered out of the room after being told Felix would be ok and he just had to answer some questions. After leaving the room he walked towards the waiting room where his mother was.

"I missed you." She said holding her hands out towards her son. Although Jason was reluctant to showing such a vulnerable side of himself in public.

He needed this more than anything.

He walked into his mother's embrace. "I've got a lot to explain. I hope you can forgive me." she said burring her head deeper into her son inhaling his scent.

It's been so long she thought to herself.