13

*gifs still aren't working. One will be added.*

"Hey, baby, you hungry?" Justin's mom asks as she walks into the small apartment she owned and her son was now staying in. "No, we ate almost everything yesterday." Justin says quietly.

"I forgot how much a growing boy can eat." She says looking at Justin who rolls his eyes and quickly gets up but she stops him. "Look at you, you've gotten so tall." Justin looks down at his mother, a suffocating feeling in his chest. "No I haven't, I basically shrunk on the streets." He says and she shakes her head.

"Well, you'll always be my tall, strong, handsome boy." She says looking him over once again, she had missed him. "Yeah, I missed you too, Mom." Justin says looking at his mother whom he knew was saying it over and over again in her head. She looks down and grabs his arm with tears in her eyes and he pulls away. "It's nothing."

"What'd you get into out there? I never wanted this life for you."

"I know."

"You don't deserve that life." She says raising her voice. "Nobody does."

"Then why are you still with Seth?" Justin asks emotionless, or maybe with too much emotion, sometimes with Justin you could never tell. She tilts her head back almost rolling her eyes. "Baby, he loves me." She says in a small voice while looking down, feeling guilty. "Come on, okay? We can find a new place. We-we can get the fuck out of here." Justin says desperate for his mother, his actual mother. She shakes her head, her eyes still filled with small tears. "I can't baby, you know that." He sighs and goes to walk away but she grabs him. "And I need you here." He allows her to pull him back. "Promise me you'll stay this time."

Justin stays quiet for a moment and then nods. "Yeah, yeah. I promise."

Later in the night Justin was sitting with his mother watching a movie but she was constantly checking the clock. "Is Seth coming back, or something?" Justin asks nervous, he knew he would need to hide if so. "No, no. That's not it." She says looking to the window above a counter in the kitchen. After a few more minutes there was rustling and the window opened. "What the fuck?" Justin asks jumping up, angry that someone would try to break in, he starts to walk to the window ready to protect his mother but she grabs at his arm. "No. Don't." She says sternly and to his surprise, it was Maddie who jumped down out of the window and off the counter.

Looking up and taking out an earbud she jumped back, scared, when she seen the second body she figured it was Seth but lucky for her it wasn't. "H-hey." She said out of breath nervously looking at a confused Justin and nervous Amber. "Hey, honey, I thought I left it cracked for you this time." She says looking at the blonde who smiles and shakes her head. "No, but it's okay, I'm getting muscles from that window." She says chuckling softly and Justin furrows his brows even more, she'd been here several times? And from the window of all things.

Looking between the two Amber sighs. "I'll give you guys some time to talk." She says and walks out figuring they hadn't seen each other since he got back. "Hey, I didn't know you were going to be here." Maddie says holdings the straps of her bag tightly. "Yeah, I didn't know you would be either." He says walking forward slightly to lean against the table. It was quiet but Justin sighed. "Maddie, just tell me." He says confused on why she was standing so still and staying so silent.

"Okay, but don't overreact." Maddie says looking up and then back to him to speak quickly and explain, she knew he'd be upset. "Once every one or two months I bring her some food, some money, whatever she may need." Maddie says with a shrug and Justin pushes himself off the table, looking to the hallway and then to Maddie as he moves closer. "Maddie, she's a junkie. You shouldn't be spending your money on her." He says upset his teeth grinding as he speaks, his own mother was using her?