𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FOUR:BLINDED BY MARIA

CHAPTER FOUR:
BLINDED BY MARIA

1892

WHILST JASPER TRAINED WITH the newborns, Maria would stay with Emma to help her gain control of her gift. The two would practice for hours on end and Emma found that when she used her gift too long, she would grow exhausted and she would lose her strength. Whenever this happened, she was forced to feed.

When Maria found her fit enough, Emma was forced to join her brother in training the newborns. If one of them did something wrong, Emma would allow her chaos magic to enter their heads, pulling out their worst memory that made them cry out in terror. This happened month after month, and Emma was no longer the sweet and innocent girl that she was when she was human.

She was a monster that was cruel and showed no mercy. She was always found with a blank look instead of her usual smile that held comfort. She was damaged. She hadn't laughed or smiled a real laugh or smile in years. Yes, years. That's how long they had been with Maria. It was now 1892, they had been with Maria for a little over a decade. It took Emma Whitlock several years to control her powers. Usually gifts, like Jasper's, would only take maybe a month to control. But not Emma's power. She was cursed with a gift so powerful that it would make her lose control.

It took Emma almost three years to fully get her gift under control. And those three years only consisted of manipulating the chaos magic to her will. Now, if she wanted, the chaos magic could form a ball in between her fingers, allowing Emma to stretch the size of it or shrink it. Mind warping was harder for her.  She really had to concentrate. If she was disturbed, the wrong thing could happen. She could potentially kill her victim, putting too much pressure on the mind and make his head implode on itself.

If Emma used too much of her power at once, it would make a pain that was so unbearable form in her mind and it would cause her to scream out in agony. There were so many faults that came with her gift, that she felt it was a curse instead. Jasper was worried for his sister. He could tell how much pain she was going through and he wanted to fix it, make it go away. But the siblings had come up with a rule. They weren't allowed to use their gifts on one another. Though that was easier for Emma than it was for Jasper.

Jasper could feel everything his sister was feeling. He could feel her pain, her sadness, her frustration. He wished he had never come across her that night. He wished she had never went looking for him. It brought him so much guilt to know that he was the reason his baby sister was forced to deal with her gift. He felt so much guilt to know that he couldn't control himself enough to protect her from himself. It physically hurt him to see Emma like this. She was screwed up in the head. Her sanity was constantly flowing down the drain and he was scared for her.

She was always angry, but he could never tell who she was angry at. So, whenever she was forced to train the newborns, she would take it out on them. Emma and Jasper had their parts to play in the Mexican Coven. Jasper was Maria's second in command whilst Emma was his. Jasper was forced to train the vampires, but Emma was forced to torture them―︎forced to kill them. And whenever Emma wasn't around, whenever she was practicing her control or she was hunting for someone to drain the blood of, Jasper was the one to kill them.