Chapter 4

Ambitions and Hot Superiors

Sunset signaled the start of dinner. Everyone flooded the dining cabin, hoping the food was somewhat pleasant. Lively conversations flourish throughout the cabin. Some introducing themselves, others commenting on how scary Shadis had been.

(Y/n) sat at the same table she sat at before, but she was sitting alone with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. She had told Ymir and Krista to give her some space so she could talk with her friends about Eren's outburst earlier. Eren had sincerely apologized and (Y/n) accepted the apology. Then a few other cadets joined their table.

"So where are you guys from? Well I know you're from Stohess, I can't believe you stood up to him like that" a boy with freckles and black hair says looking at (Y/n) with admiration. 

"Us four are from Shinganshina, actually, but after the fall she moved away to Stohess" Eren pipes up, pointing his spoon accusingly at (Y/n) who glares at him in return, warning him to not push her limits.

"No way! You guys were there during the attack?" a guy with a buzz cut piped up as he stared at the four in wonder. This soon prompted a whole mob of cadets to come to their table asking questions about the tragedy of that day. 

It bothered (Y/n) to some extent cause they sounded like privileged idiots and they didn't realize that they lost their families to the attack. I miss the brothel, these humans are idiots and annoying, she thought and smiled to herself, I sound like Miles.

"I will join the Survey Corps and kill all the titans" Eren suddenly exclaims as he slams his fists down on the table, making (Y/n) snap out of her thoughts. A two-toned haired boy looks over at the rowdy table. (Y/n) notices that by the way his lips curved upwards, he was going to rile Eren.

"Hey, are you crazy or something? Cause you sound like you're on a suicide mission" the boy says, his posture slouching forward, his right hand holding up his head lazily. 

"Eren, no," (Y/n) harshly whispers and kicks his leg under the table to make him look away from the boy. Eren in return ignores her and opened up his mouth, "We'll see, or at least I will since you seem happy hiding behind the interior walls."

"Look here, kid, that's better than being a loud-mouth arrogant boy who's actually just as scared as we are" the boy replies, his smirk growing more, noticing how his words affected the brunette. Eren stood up to stare down at the taunting boy. Oh no, (Y/n) thinks to herself as she looks over at Armin with a "here we go" look.

"Are you trying to pick a fight?" Eren states, his shoulders tense and his teal eyes glaring down.

"Fine by me" the boy replies and stands up. They both walk over to each other, it was comedic how shorter Eren was compared to the other boy. As they face each other, (Y/n) stands up and makes her way to stand in between the boys. They both move their heads to look at her and they couldn't deny how beautiful she looked in the candlelight.

"Geesh, you're both so childish," she says, her expression showing how annoyed she was at the situation, "If you guys don't call a truce right now, I'll kick both of your asses."

Everyone in the room remains quiet, waiting to see what would happen between the three. Jean sighs as he sticks out his hand for Eren to shake, "She's right, I shouldn't have called you out like that. Let's call it a truce."

Eren stares down at the outstretched hand. In a swift movement, he slaps it away, "No thanks."

The brunette storms out of the cabin, clearly annoyed at the arrogant boy. Mikasa follows after him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. All the cadets watch them leave in silence.