Caregiver | Part 22

"Hey Suyin..."

He called your name out of the blue, and you raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah?"

"I like penguins." He said, lips stretched into a smile. And you did the same, smilingly happy.

"I'm glad you like it." You replied, still in a smile. "I'll just put these on that table. Need to make lunch for you." You excused yourself, moving all the goodies to the coffee table in the sitting room.

You went to the kitchen, preparing all the kitchenware and set the frying pan on the stove. You opened the fridge, crouched down to find any ingredients you could find to cook.

"I want ramen."

You looked over your shoulder, almost fell backward as you lost your balance. You managed to grab hold on the door of the fridge, so you got up and closed it as you turned around.

"You want ramen?" You asked, scratching the back of your head. "But, there's no ingredients to make ramen though. Even the noodles."

He pointed at the cabinet below next to the fridge. Your eyes moved to the direction of his pointing finger, and you crouched down in front of the cabinet to open it.

"Instant ramen?" You looked over your shoulder with an unsure look on your face. He confidently nodded. You were hesitant to make the instant noodle for him, but you didn't have the heart to refuse. He must have been craving for instant ramen in such a long time.

"Please?" He pleaded. You felt pity for him so you finally agreed. You took out one packet of the noodles and got up, only to be halted by Taehyung's new demand.

"Make that two packets, please??" He showed his boxy smile as he emphasised the word 'please', and you shook your head in disbelief as you crouched back down.

"Yeay!" He cooed, lowered down his voice but you still can hear him well. You put away the frying pan on the stove and replaced it with a saucepan.

You began to make him the instant ramen as he requested, and he observed you the whole time. His eyes moved everywhere you go, acting like a child who's waiting for his mom to finish cooking.

You poured the whole ramen from the saucepan into a bowl, and served it on the table. You almost forgot that he still couldn't use his wounded hand to eat, so you had to feed him yourself.

You grabbed the push handles and pushing the wheelchair to the dining table. You headed back to the kitchen and returned with a pair of chopsticks and a spoon in your hand.

You pulled a chair under the table and sat on it, facing Taehyung. Carefully you held the bowl, and picked up the noodles using the chopsticks. You hovered it to your mouth first as you gently blew on it. Then you hovered it to him, guided the chopsticks to his mouth. You let out a chuckle when he opened his mouth really wide and he looked funny.

"How is it?" You asked, afraid that the taste would be bland because you felt like you had poured so much water in it. Well, two packets of instant ramen for sure.

He didn't say anything as he chewed the noodles in his mouth. He just raised a thumbs up to you.

"Oh thank goodness." You placed one hand on your chest, relieved that the taste was okay. Although you're still unsure whether he was lying or not.