Caregiver | Part 23

"Uh... I, don't. I mean, I'm not."

You shook your head. He moved his torso forward, eyeing at you like he was demanding for more answers.

"Used to be in a relationship? Ex-boyfriend?"

He asked again, and you shook your head repeatedly. He gave you the look of confusion in his face, as if you're lying. You're not.

"I don't do relationship." You replied, intertwining your fingers behind your back. You felt pretty much uncomfortable by that topic, and you tried your best to avoid it whenever people were trying to ask you about your love life.

"Why?"

He asked. You couldn't come up with better excuse, so telling him the truth was your only way to prevent him from asking you more personal questions. Hopefully.

"I..." you gulped, avoiding eye contact with him. He fixed his eyes on you with an unwavering stare, waiting for your answer. "I... never experience relationship in my life."

There. You said it. You avoiding the eye contact, feeling ashamed of yourself that you confessed your secret to the person who was very much experienced in terms of relationship.

"Never? Not even once?"

You nodded. "Not even once."

He gave you that look of confusion once again. This is exactly why you avoided such topic.

"I gotta take the med kit and change the bandage. Be right back." You excused yourself, walking away and hoping that he would just forget about it by the time you came back.

But little did you knew, he smiled as you walked past him.

You filled up half of a small pail with water and took a clean napkin. One hand holding the pail and another hand holding the med kit, you headed back to the living room.

You knelt before him, putting down all the things in your hands. You were just going to ask him to show his hand when he voluntarily reached his hand to you.

You held his hand as you carefully unwrapping the bandage. His palm showed redness all around the wound, but it seemed way better than before.

You took out the napkin that soaked in the water, squeezing the water out and gently wiped his palm clean. At this point you didn't dare to look up to him because even with your head down, you can feel him staring at you.

After you cleaned the area of the wound, you opened the med kit and took out the ointment. You applied it on the wound, then grabbed the gauze bandage.

As you placed the end of the bandage on his hand and began to wrap it around, suddenly he closed his hand. It took you by surprised that he caught your hand.

You tried to free your hand from his grip, but you refrained yourself from doing so as you afraid to cause pain to his wound.

You gathered your courage to look up to his face. His eyes were on the television, acting like he didn't even know or realised what he was doing.

"Um... Taehyung..." you called him. He finally averted his eyes from the television screen to you. "Hm?"

"My hand..." you said. He looked at it and his shoulders jolted to his surprise.

"Oh. Sorry." He apologised shortly after he freed your hand. Your lips stretched into a subtle smile, proceeded with the bandage wrapping. Soon after you finished, you cleaned up everything on the floor and put them back to their original place.

You didn't know what to do next when you saw the plastic bag with frames still in it. You took it and brought it to the living room, standing next to Taehyung.