Caregiver | Part 24

"You stayed here?? Since when?"

You tried to speak, but nothing came out of your mouth. It's like the words were stuck in your throat.

"She had just put up here this late morning." His mom answered on your behalf. You gulped, then taking a sip of the tea nervously.

"Where is she going to sleep then?" Asked Taehyung, had your eyes widened.

"In your room."

You felt uneasy when Taehyung turned to you, face showing an uncertain expression. You gulped down the tea and now that the cup in your hand was empty, you made an excuse to escape from the intense situation by bringing the cup to the kitchen.

"I have to... wash this cup—"

"Oh just leave it there. I'll take care of it."

You blinked repeatedly, unable to react. Before you could think of any excuses, Taehyung interrupted.

"Suyin, let's go back."

You nodded passively as you put the cup back on the table. You got up and grabbed the wheelchair's push handles.

"See you later, Mrs Kim." You bowed and headed for the door.

You were on your way back to the cabin, pushing the wheelchair while you stayed in silence along the way. Upon reaching the small house, you opened the front door and pushed the wheelchair in.

You closed the door behind and turned to him who was now facing you. You just stood there, fingers intertwined and waited for him to say whatever he was about to say.

You expected him to yell at you.

"Suyin, what happened?"

He asked. Your expectation surprisingly didn't came true, but you still refused to open up.

"Suyin, look at me."

You looked up and fixed your eyes at his eyes, displaying such sorrow on your face. It concerned him to see your sad face.

"Tell me, what happened?" He repeated his question, this time with a softer tone. "Did you ran away from home?"

You shook your head, but part of you wanted to nod. "It's kind of complicated."

Was it?

"I'm listening. Don't worry I won't judge." He reassured you to trust him. "Have a seat."

You followed him as he turned around and headed to the living room. You heavily plopped yourself on the couch, where he moved his wheelchair and stopped in front of you.

"I had a fight with my family yesterday. Well, with my brother to be specific. He is totally against the idea of this whole caregiving thing and anything that related, so when he found out that I am actually working as one, it blew him up."

He stayed quiet, paid fully attention to you as you talk.

"He made me choose whether I should quit being a caregiver and find another job or I will no longer stay with them if I refuse." You paused for a while and deeply inhaled. "So... yeah, I chose to keep my job." You breathed.