Caregiver | Part 26

You waited patiently but in anticipation during the process of the cast removal. You managed to regain your normal breathing rate again as the cast was successfully removed.

"Alright." The doctor blurted, carefully taking off the arm cast. "Now, you can't use your whole arm yet but you can start with small, easy movements then gradually work your way up to use the limb fully."

Taehyung nodded to every words the doctor said. You couldn't see his face because his back was still facing you.

"As you can see your arm is pretty much pale, dry and flaky and you're tempted to scratch it off, right?"

"Very much." Replied Taehyung followed by an awkward laugh.

"Okay. I'm sorry to say but you are not allowed to scratch or scrub the scabs off of the skin. You need to wash it gently with a mild soap and warm water. Use a gauze pad, or a soft cloth if you don't have any gauze pad." The doctor gave his advice to him, putting back the tools in the case next to him.

The doctor stood up straight, placing his hands behind to his lower back and stretching out like an old man.

"Oh, I forgot. You can also apply a moisturising lotion or cream to prevent your skin from breaking. But make sure it is alcohol-free and fragrance-free." The doctor reminded him.

"I will."

"Right. So, I guess that's it for now. Don't forget to do a few small exercises to your limb and not to scratch the scabs." The doctor reminded him again.

"I won't." Said Taehyung. "Thank you so much, Dr Min."

"Anytime." The doctor cooly replied and walking his way to the door. He smiled at you as he walked past you before he left with the other person that followed him behind.

"Thank you so much again, Dr Min." Said Mrs Kim, then approching Taehyung right after the doctor walking out of the small house. You followed Mrs Kim behind and stopped on his left.

"How are you feeling?" His mom asked. Taehyung averted his eyes from his arm to his mom.

"Stiff, but overall great." He simply answered with a smile on his face. "Although I'm still trying to get use to this awful look of my arm."

"Well, it does look terrible." His mom joked in between her laugh. "But if you want your arm to look like it normally is again, don't even think of scratching it."

"But... it looks really itchy though. I mean, come on! Just a little scratch..."

Before the tip of his fingernails could reach the surface of the dry skin, you grabbed his wrist and yanked his hand away.

"Taehyung, just don't." You admonished him. He looked pretty much disappointed, but whether he like it or not the doctor's advice must be obeyed.

"Hm... fine. I promised not to touch it." He sighed, refrained from looking at the skin condition.

"Don't even buy it, Suyin. He surely going to ruin his arm when nobody watches. So you have to keep an eye on him all the time."

Of course, Mrs Kim knew how much of a good liar her son was that he displayed a childish rectangular smile on his face shortly after.

"So anyway, I have to go back and Taehyung please, don't do anything stupid." His mom admonished him one more time before she left.

"I'll try." He cooed, and now left only the two of you. He tried to move his limb a little bit, sighing to the stiffness. Then he jerking his head up at you. "I feel like scratching it."