Caregiver | Part 29

(A/N: hi 🤭)

You walked out of the small house, closed the door and sighed. You didn't move an inch as you just stood there pensively.

You stepped away from the door and walked towards the mansion. You halted in the middle of the sidewalk, looking up to the dark sky which was illuminated by the bright light of the moon.

You smiled to the calm you felt in your chest, feeling grateful for being alive and well. You continued your path towards the mansion.

You closed the door behind as soon as you walked into the mansion. You ran into Mrs Kim before you could reach to the stairs.

"Oh hey Suyin." She greeted. "Hi Mrs Kim." You greeted back.

"Can we talk for a while? If you don't mind."

You were kind of tired that time, but you still agreed to have a conversation with her. You were just tired a bit, not exhausted.

"Sure." You nodded, and followed her to the living room. You sat on the couch shortly after Mrs Kim switched on a floor lamp near the couch where you sat.

"Want a hot chocolate? Or a tea?"

You quickly shook your head and politely rejected. "No it's fine."

She rested her backside on the other couch, and you waited for her to spill whatever that she was going to say to you.

"So... how's your day so far?" She asked.

"Um... great, I guess." You answered with a subtle smile and scratched the back of your neck. You spent the whole day with Taehyung and your day had never been better.

"And how's Taehyung been treating you lately?"

"He's actually being more open and nice to me compared to how he treated me the first day." You said.

She nodded, and you noticed a little smile on her face.

"Glad to know. Looks like you're the last caregiver that we sought for."

Somehow her words made you internally happy. Felt like you're the chosen one.

"And he seems much happier now than before. It's been a while since the last time he's in such a good mood." Mrs Kim explained. "He was pretty much devastated and down when his girlfriend broke up with him."

'Because she was having an affair with someone else. And now she's pregnant.' Your mind thinking out loud.

"She's a really nice girl, but there's something about her that makes me dislike her for no reason."

You nodded, because you knew exactly why. But you just kept it to yourself.

"I thought I could rely on her to take care of my son, but she turned him down and I'm kind of... losing hope. I mean, I can be my own son's caregiver, but..."

You slowly raised your eyebrow, waiting for her to finish her sentence.

"Ah what am I thinking? I'm such a terrible mother." She buried her face into her palms, sighed in frustration.

You immediately got up from the couch and sat right next to her, stopping the facepalm as you took her hands and held them firmly.

"No... You're not a terrible mother, Mrs Kim." You said. Mrs Kim turned her head to you with the look of sorrow and regret displayed on her face. "I may not know you personally, but I believe that you're the best mother that Taehyung ever wished for. You did well on taking care of him and cherished him during his childhood years until he became a successful grown up man as he is now."