Caregiver | Part 39

You were in the middle of tidying up the living room when Taehyung showed up from behind.

He brought his phone along with him, and something about the look on his face that gave you such an uneasy feeling.

"Who was it?" You immediately asked.

Judging his expression, you knew it was not from either of his close friends. You can only hope it was not a bad news he received.

"It's Namjoon."

He revealed. You didn't show much reaction as you were just mouthed an 'O' and nod. At least it was not a bad news, so there's nothing to be worried about.

"What did he say?" You asked again.

"He told me, that... she already gave birth. Two days ago." He said. You paused from your work, slowly turn to him.

You tried to study his expression, but all you can conclude was he seemed like he was still unsure how he felt about it. Was he upset? Was he happy?

You had no idea. It was all hidden underneath that 'mask'.

"Oh... well, congratulations to both of them, I guess." You carefully replied, as you didn't want to hurt his feelings.

He sat on the couch, rubbed his face to his frustration. You dropped the duster and went up to him, taking a seat right beside him.

"What's wrong then?"

You placed one hand on his knee, wondering why was he acting like that.

"The thing is..." he took a deep breath, and exhaled deeply. "...he invited me to go to his house."

Your whole forehead raised to your surprise. "Really? Wow... that's... new. Did you accept his invitation?"

His head bowed low, along with a repeated head shaking. "I-I don't know what to say. I told him that I'll think about it and that's the end of our conversation."

He leaned back, resting his head against the couch. "I don't know if I should go or not."

You blinked, trying to think of something. And it didn't took you long enough to come up with a suggestion.

"I think you should go."

You said. In which got him turn to you with a confused+unsure face.

"You think so?"

"Yes." You nodded.

He sat up. "Why?"

You fiddled your fingers, ready to risk it for the sake of your reason.

"Well, I'm not really saying that it's a must. It's up to you whether you want to or not. But, if you ask for my opinion, I suggest you to go." Your lips stretched into a straight line of a smile. "I mean, he invited you to his house. If the two of you are still not in a good term, he wouldn't even dare to make that call."

He shook his head in denial. "What if we actually still not in a good term, and his intention is to make me feel even more terrible than I already have?"

You cupped his face in your hands, fixed his eyes to yours.

"No. You have to think positive, Tae. You've heard all of the confessions he said from his own mouth, so at least you already know the truth. All you have to do know is to let go of the past."

He avoided your eyes. Few seconds later, he set his eyes on you again.

"At least you try. If he and your past love can move on, so why can't you?" Your thumbs softly caressed his cheeks.