𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:A ROUGH PATCH

CHAPTER FIVE:
A ROUGH PATCH

1910-1920

WHEN PETER HAD JOINED the Mexican Coven, he was a newborn that Maria decided to keep alive for longer than a year thanks to Jasper. Peter was someone that had started to become close to both the Whitlock siblings. He would help Jasper train the newborns, due to the fact that his fighting skills were something that impressed Jasper and Jasper had saved him from getting executed.

Peter was also there for Emma, he helped make her sanity stay a little while longer. He was a kind vampire that didn't necessarily enjoy violence. He even helped Emma with her powers whenever he wasn't dealing with the newborns. Peter soon became like a brother to Emma―︎and currently he was being more of a brother than Jasper was.

"Any new tricks up your sleeve for today?" Emma turned her head at the sound of Peter's voice, her face immediately lighting up as her blank expression faded. Emma had been walking around seeing as it was dark out and the stars were shining. Emma loved the stars. They were the only thing that was giving her hope.

"Sadly, not really. I've been able to float in the air some." Emma informed. Peter raised his eyebrows.

"Do share."

Emma smiled before nodding her head. She looked around, making sure no one else was in eyesight before she closed her eyes and pushed her power toward the ground. She felt her feet leave the ground and finally, she opened her eyes to look down at Peter who was looking at the red magic in awe. When she landed on the ground, he clapped his hands.

"You never fail to amaze me, Emmy!" Peter exclaimed as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, continuing the walk she had been taking earlier. Emma chuckled lightly as she shook her head.

"And you never fail to make me smile, Pete." Emma responded, slinging her arm around his waist. The two walked in a comfortable silence, Emma's mind completely distracted as she looked up at the souls that were placed in the sky. Peter looked at her and a small frown fell on his features.

"What's wrong, Emma?" Peter carefully asked her. No one asked her how she was anymore, they just didn't seem to care. Emma and her brother had become distant and she felt that was all her fault.

"I miss my brother." Emma admitted, her voice soft and vulnerable as she spoke. "God, I miss him so much, Peter. I miss the random talks we would always have. I miss our pointless bickering. I miss being able to know what it's like to have someone care for your well being. And I have no right to miss him, because it's my fault that we grew apart. It's my fault that he doesn't care about me anymore. It's my fault-"

"Hey, stop that." Peter sternly said, grabbing both of her shoulders and turning her to face him. He looked her in the eyes as he said his next words. "It is not your fault, understand? Siblings always go through a rough patch, and that's what's happening with you and Jasper right now. But you have to believe me when I say it will get better, Emma. You're brother and sister after all. It's in your DNA to fight, be mean to one another, care for each other, that's what siblings do. They argue and sometimes grow to hate one another, but sooner or later you'll come back to each other. You always do, especially you and Jasper."