Chapter 24

Haisley entered the parlour room with the snacks.

"I heard that you started embroidering," Mykel said. "Aren't you too young, princess, to study embroidery?"

I was still in the negative thoughts of being killed because of the crown prince's action towards the king that I couldn't answer.

As Haisley placed the cup of hot milk in front of me she said, "Even though it's quite late the princess wanted to give her brother a welcome gift."

It's been a week since I started embroidering and I could say that my skills were important faster than I expected since I already have a background of stitching when I was a Holy Maiden.

But what I was embroidering was still not near perfect and my patience was rather getting thin as I couldn't produce the ideal design I'd imagine.

"Ah—!" I suddenly realized. "It will be futile because I'll die."

"Princess!!" Haisley said with mixed emotions. Her face was in between furious and sadness. "You mustn't say those words! You're not going to die."

Lucas, on the other hand, looked conflicted, he wanted to say something but decided not to.

If I tell Haisley it was a joke she won't believe me, this was the second time I spoke 'I' incorporated with 'die'.

"Yes. I won't say those words—" in front of you "—again," I said without giving any expression.

She gave a long stare before excusing herself and left the parlour room. I never liked someone standing behind me while I was sitting nor just standing behind me. It gives me the impression of being stab at any moment.

It's really hard when you're magic-less and a mortal. I was being too precautious even though I already have protection stone. It's better to be safe than sorry, I guess.

"Why do you say that?" Mykel asked in pure curiosity.

I tilted my head in puzzled. "Isn't why you're here to announce my punishment? Because of me, the crown prince disrespected the king by not greeting him. . ?"

Lucas guffawed after a brief silence between three of us. "You really are a pessimistic one, princess! You thought that his majesty would punish to death because of a trivial thing!"

Ashamed, something I felt in a long time that I couldn't stop myself nor control my emotion. With a red face, my eyes teared up.

Lucas immediately stopped after seeing my sight. "Pr-pri-pri-princess?!" He said panicking. "Mykel, what do I do?!! The princess. The princess is crying!"