Chapter Eighteen - All was well. . .

All was well.

That was the final sentence in the last Harry Potter book The Deathly Hollows.  If only all was well could be meant for Evelyn also.  Things were great with William after they had their talk of their fears but what she feared was now Jake and Mia were on their way home.  

She was toying with the idea if she should even tell them at all especially since they wouldn't know unless a family member told them.  

Her brothers Theo and Noah told her she didn't need to whereas her sister Vivienne agreed with her that it would be best to let them know so that they are aware.  She was receiving advice from all sorts of direction and ultimately decided she should.  

Mia and Jake had arrived home yesterday and had wanted everyone to get together - both Jake's side of the family and Mia's.  Evelyn had been around Mia's family quite often since they had been together for so long.  Kim and Thomas were normal folks that came from a town called Surrey.  Mia had one other sister, Madison.  They now lived in London wanting to be closer to Mia and their grandsons.  

Evelyn had decided to get off work early that day and went home to her sister's apartment to get ready.  Lately, she had been looking at some apartments for herself, feeling the need to be out on her own.  She had found a few that she liked but none yet that she absolutely loved.  Right now she was getting ready for her brother and girlfriends family dinner.  It was the first time in almost a year that both families would be all together.  They had seen each other on various occasions of course, but none had been together in the same room for quite some time so it would be nice for everyone. 

William would be with his family and unfortunately was unable to join them at Jake and Mia's home.  He also wanted Eve to be only with her family tonight as he knew that she hadn't been with all of them in so long.

"Welcome back," Eve greeted her brother and sister and his girlfriend in a hug.

"Thanks, it's good to be back," Mia told her with a bright smile.

"How was the trip?"

"Amazing," Jake told her as he smiled down at Mia.  "Everything we expected and more.  You'll have to go to Hawaii some time."

"Well, you'll have to tell us all about it when we have dinner."

"Deal," Mia told her smiling.

Everyone was arriving at different times as Evelyn was sipping on her drink.  She was wearing black stockings, a red skirt and a black glittery top with her heels.  Her blonde hair was in loose curls as she had on minimal makeup.  

"So what do you think the announcement is?" Vivienne asked her as she sipped on her wine.

"I think they're engaged," Evelyn said with confidence.

"Really?  I think they're pregnant again," Vivienne commented.

"We will see. . ."

Both families had all finally arrived and were gathered around the dining room table.  Everyone was talking and laughing with each other, enjoying the others companies.  Through out the night Evelyn would text William, seeing how he was doing.

"Maui was the best," Mia gushed about their holiday.  "It was just so relaxing just to have that 'us'  time without the kiddies although we missed them dearly."

"We actually have an announcement to make," Jake speaks up and clinks his wine glass with a knife standing up with Mia.  "We just wanted to thank everyone for being there for us from the beginning and even more when Samuel and David came along."