thirty four

/THIRD PERSON POV/

Lisa walked towards her new office with her head held high, sparing a curt nod at some employees who greeted her on her way

Lisa walked towards her new office with her head held high, sparing a curt nod at some employees who greeted her on her way. She had never been into Marco's office before. Funny thing, the first time she would enter it was also the time the office belongs officially to her.

Lisa clenched her jaw as she passed Marco's secretary's, Elizabeth, front desk. Elizabeth noticed her and she stood up almost too fast that it turned out clumsily. She blushed when Lisa glanced downward towards her slightly lifted skirt. Lisa focused her eyes back to Elizabeth, "Good morning," Lisa greeted.

"Morning, Miss Manoban," Elizabeth bowed slightly and Lisa held back a scoff at that. "I -- I'm sorry for your loss. Mr. Manoban was a great --"

"Thank you," Lisa cut in and her jaw clenched once again, so Elizabeth decided not to continue. "I need you inside as soon as possible. Bring me the reports of the last two weeks and everything essential I need to catch up on."

Elizabeth flushed under the unwavering gaze of her new boss. She hadn't expected Mr. Manoban's daughter to be this... intimidating. If anything, she kind of hoped Miss Manoban would be better than the cold, unreadable Marco Manoban. But it seemed like they weren't that much of a different person. "Right away, Ma'am," Elizabeth chipped when she realized she was silent all this time. Lisa went inside without saying anything.

Despite being a nervous wreck -- Lisa was starting to get used to people, especially her employees being unnecessarily nervous and tongue-tied around her, but -- Elizabeth was doing an impeccable job at explaining everything to Lisa. She was decent, Lisa noted, even though her confidence could be helped a little bit. But now wasn't the time to talk about it.

Elizabeth explained a little further about the progress of their newest invention -- black diamond jewelry and accessories -- which until now was much more beneficial than what's expected when they first released it. Elizabeth was also a critical thinker, Lisa noticed. She could answer most of Lisa's questions without having too much time thinking about and contemplating them. She was straight to the point, and Lisa liked it. She understood now why she was Marco's secretary in the first place. Marco needed someone who could not only remind him of his schedules, but also someone who could remind him why everything is the way it is -- he needed someone who's reasonable and convincing.

"Very well," Lisa faintly smirked and sat a little bit straighter on her chair. "That was impressive. Now I need you to schedule a meeting with the whole board at 7 PM tonight. I want everyone to prepare everything they had been working on for at least two months. We have a lot of things to discuss." Elizabeth nodded and offered a small smile before she decided to exit the room.

Now that she was alone, Lisa sighed heavily. That was way worse than she had prepared herself for. She definitely needed a lot of time to catch up because having Elizabeth explaining everything to her like that, it made her realize that Elizabeth knew what she had to do more than she did herself.