Chapter 25

Mykel

Two years ago, the royal adviser Mykel Cree first saw the infamous Abandoned Princess in the hands of Lucas the Captain of Imperial Guard at the library.

The princess was small and adorable when she flailing her hands towards her father while half-asleep. And when she wake up, her beautiful ocean green eyes looked so clear. The little princess cowered under the pressure of the king but there's no tinge of fear in her answer.

It's a beautiful day to not die.

An answer they all didn't expect.

After the princess's 7th birthday, Lucas would chatter about the princess in the king's office after the reports. It was like an additional monthly report. King Edmund didn't mind at the same time didn't look interested. Lucas continues to do so because of that.

And now, Mykel met the Abandoned Princess again. She grew a little in the past two years.

From what Lucas spouted, it was indeed true that the princess was a quiet one who expresses little emotions but it was worth seeing those small emotions surfacing on her face. It was like discovering a lost treasure kind of thing.

"I'm sorry, princess! I didn't mean to make you cry!"

Princess Elaine quickly regains her composure and wiped her tears. "It's alright, Sir Lucas. I know you didn't have any intention." Even though she said it was like nothing her face still slightly red from the embarrassment.

The princess was a really adorable child and yet she already acts so maturely. She was just like the prince.

Was it because of their father that they were like this? Or was it the genes?

Mykel cleared his throat. "Princess, I'm not here to announce your punishment because there is none. I came here to assess your knowledge in your academics."

"What about my academics, Sir Cree?" She asked forgetting that she was embarrassed a moment ago.

"You see, the crown prince asked his majesty that you also attend the lessons with him as the prince's reward. In order to know which lesson you'll be in with the prince, I need to make an assessment in your knowledge and ability. Prince Aiden told us that you could already read and write."

Mykel watched the princess who slightly frowns as she stares at her drink.

It seems she didn't want to, Mykel thought.

"I—Yes. I will give you my full cooperation so I could be with my brother."

Mykel nodded, satisfied at the princess's answer, proceeded to the assessment.

The assessment of the princess was beyond their expectations. She spoke fluently without mispronouncing a word as she read the book they brought, her handwriting wasn't perfect but clean. She wrote the words Mykel had said without any having difficulty nor misspelling it. Same goes for numerical figures.

"Let's not speak about the princess crying to his majesty," Lucas said dreadfully as they stepped out of the Silver Palace.

"I agree."