0.24

William

I woke up to the sweet smell of berries floating through the air. I shift in the bed, feeling a warm but empty spot next to me.

My eyes fluttered open, quickly scanning the unfamiliar room. I suddenly remembered I fell asleep in Nicholas's room, all of yesterday's events rushing to me.

Instantly smiling, I leave his bed, following the delicious smell, which lead me to the kitchen.

Nicholas was at the stove, a small pile of pancakes on a plate beside him. He was humming to music as something sizzles on the stove.

I lean against the counter across the kitchen, watching as he added a handful of blueberries to a bowl of mixture.  My eyes shifted down to his shaking bottom, which was moving along to the music blasting from his phone.

"I wanna fuck, fuck, fuck my best friend!" Nick sang loudly, very off key and horribly. He thrusted his hips against the counter, singing along to the rest of the song, flipping pancakes.

It was adorable to watch.

Nicholas danced around in front of the stove, switching between grilling bacon, pouring better, and flipping pancakes.

"So baby come grind on me." He belted, slamming the spatula down. "Relax your mind and take your time on me!"

I couldn't help but giggle, quickly clamping my hand over my mouth. You just blew your cover, dumbass!

Nicholas quickly spins around, his eyes widening at the sight of me. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Since the song about fucking your best friend came on." I chuckle, admiring the dumbfounded look on his face. He scratched the back of his neck, coughing awkwardly. "It was fun to watch you dance around and sing."

Nick pauses the music, flipping over a pancake. "Glad you enjoyed the show." He left the stove, walking over to me. My back presses against the counter, his arms caging me. "Good morning, William. Did you sleep well?"

The way he said my name caused my heart to thump quickly against my chest. "I did, indeed." He chuckles, leaning down to kiss my lips, but I quickly stopped him. "I haven't brushed my teeth."

"Okay, and?"

"I might have morning breath!" I exclaim, my hand hovering over my mouth. He rolls his eyes, trying to kiss me again. "No!"

"Let me kiss you!"

"No!"

I quickly run out the kitchen, darting towards the bathroom so I could brush my teeth. Shutting the door, I grab my toothbrush I left here last night, quickly squeezing minty toothpaste on it.

My head stayed on the sink as I brushed my teeth, avoiding the mirror. I probably looked awful because I just woke up.

I quickly brush my teeth before I went back to the kitchen, seeing Nick still cooking. Skipping over to him, I poke his back, missing the feeling of our lips together.

He didn't turn around, just hum along to music as he piles pancakes onto a plate.

I continue to poke his back, waiting to see his beautiful face. He didn't move, but I knew there was a smirk on his face.

Huffing, I wrap my arms around him from behind, stuffing my face into his warm back. I felt his hands fly to mine, rubbing them with his soft hand.

It was a nice feeling, a nice moment. My arms felt so natural around his waist.

Soon, Nicholas turned off the stove, moving slightly to place the empty mixing bowl, pans, and spatulas in the sink. Turning around, my face met his chest.