two

Andrea Castro

My brown eyes shot open, as loud noises of banging started to interrupt my sleep. I felt goosebumps rise on my skin and I could hear loud voices belting throughout the house. I looked at my alarm clock, noticing it was 2:16 a.m. What is going on? I hear husky voices yelling and suddenly something didn't feel right in my stomach. I tiptoe towards my door, putting my ear towards it and keeping my breath quiet. I'm not sure why I was so scared, knowing my father has put the best security system around this house.

"Please don't do this. This would be a mistake! You don't understand who I am, you kill me and the whole world will drop everything to find you two!" I could hear my father screaming. My heart instantly dropped to my stomach, and I could feel nausea hitting me like bricks. I started to get really sweaty, and noticed myself shaking. 

Was someone trying to rob and murder my father in the process? What do I do? I grabbed my phone, ready to call 911. I had to save my father, no matter the kind of person he is, I couldn't let whoever was doing this get away with it. I started to dial 911 and I put the phone to my ear. I was expecting to hear ringing, but the line went dead. I looked back down at my phone in confusion and dialed once more, putting it back up to my ear. But once again, the line went dead.

I could feel my breathing get hitched into my throat. I had to do something, anything. I was shaking uncontrollably, as my hand reached up for my door handle, quietly opening up the door. The voices got louder and louder, and soon I was tiptoeing down the hallway, hoping to make it out alive. 

I finally made it to the living room, my body quickly getting to the floor hiding behind the furniture. I peered my eyes above me, and all I saw was my father on his knees and his hands behind his head, a gun pointing straight to his temple. Tears began to welt in my eyes and I now couldn't control my shaking. I had to be quiet, I had to shut up or else I was going to end up in the same position as my dad.

"Look at him begging for his life. So ridiculous." One of the men laughed, shaking his head back and forth. The man had a buzzcut that looked bleached, and scruff facial hair covering his lower face and upper lip. 

The one holding the gun to my dad's temple snickered. He had brown curly hair and tattoos lining every inch of skin on his arms. Who are these men and what are they doing? Why are they doing this? 

"Isn't it crazy Walter? The fucked up world we live in. The reason this world can be fucked up sometimes, is because of you. You don't deserve this fucking mansion, the money you have, the power you have in this world. You don't deserve any of it, and you know exactly why, don't you?" The man holding the gun towards my father spoke. Who on earth would do something like this? My father is innocent, he hasn't done any wrong in the world to be killed for it. If anything, he's done so much good for the world, why were these men after him? How did they get in? Where is Mr. Elijah?

My questions were answered when I noticed out of the left corner of my eye a puddle of blood circling around Mr. Elijah himself, a bullet right through his forehead. I pinched my eyes shut, shaking my head back and forth trying to muffle my cries. I have never been so traumatized in my life. 

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I have done nothing wrong! Please, don't do this, I'm begging. I'll pay you! Whatever you want. I have a family." My father begged for his life. This was the most heartbreaking thing I could ever endure watching. I was shaking so bad and my cheeks were turning wet from the silent cries I was experiencing. I had to be quiet. I would be dead in seconds if they knew there was someone else here. 

"Oh we know about your precious little family Mr. Castro. Who knows, maybe they're next? You got lucky tonight that you're alone in here." The man with the bleached buzzcut spoke, a smirk lining his lips. Oh god, they don't know I'm here. I couldn't step up and try to save my father's life, I felt so powerless. It would break my father's heart if he watched me get killed right before his eyes. 

"I'm getting real sick and tired of hearing your bullshit, Walter. We know what you've been doing for the past 10 years. It's over, it's ending today." The man with the curly hair laughed while squeezing the trigger of the gun. 

"Please don't d-"

A loud shot echoed the room. I watched, as the bullet went straight through my father's brain and his body fall limp onto the ground, a pile of blood quickly flowing out of his head. Everything in the world seemed to stop right in that instance. I put the palm of my hand over my mouth, sobbing to myself quietly and feeling myself begin to get pale and hot. My eyes pinched shut as the tears flowed out of my eyes. What am I supposed to do? I just watched my father get killed right in front of my eyes. The father I grew up with for 20 years, loving and trusting with my life. 

"Finally, good riddance." The man with the buzzcut said while the other man chuckled. 

"Alright, let's clean this shit up we don't have much time." The man with the curly hair said, quickly grabbing my father's feet and dragging him across the floor. They couldn't see me or hear me as I laid against the thick furniture quietly crying to myself. How was I supposed to stop this and get help? Why couldn't I dial 911? This had to be planned, they had to have planned this for weeks. 

"Harry, what are we doing with this old hag? Are we dumping him where we're dumping Walter?" The man with the buzzcut asked. Oh god, they were going to dump my father somewhere? He didn't deserve any of this. No one should ever deserve something like this. 

The man with the curly hair, I presumed named Harry, put the gun down on one of the tables in the living room. 

"Yeah, we have no choice, this needs to seem like we were never here Cooper. I have Walter's written note of him going on vacation to a private island so hopefully someone finds it and doesn't question where he is. It'll be like nothing went wrong." The curly-haired man said, dropping my father's legs and quickly pulling the note out of his back jean pocket and resting it on the table as well. 

I had to do something, anything to fix this right now. My eyes stared at the gun that was sitting on the tabletop, it was only a few feet away and if I ran fast enough I could grab it in time and hopefully save my life in the long run. 

The men were busy, cleaning up the blood on the floor that came from both my father and Mr. Elijah. Before I knew it, I felt my feet running towards the gun and before the men could turn their heads to look at me, I was facing them, pointing the gun at the one who shot and killed my father. Their eyes went wide, but soon they recognized who I was.

"Awe well isn't it miss little princess. Andi Castro, trying to come to save the day." The man with the buzzcut spoke, chuckling loud, the echoes filling the room. The one with the curly hair sighed under his breath, and shook his head back and forth.

"Who are you? What do you want?!" I screamed at them, my hands shaking with the gun in my hand, as tears rushed down my cheeks. I've never shot a gun in my life and for some reason I felt like I wasn't going to be getting very far. 

"Andi baby girl, don't you see that we already got what we wanted?" The man with the curly hair darkly said, a smirk creeping up into his lips. He slowly started to walk towards me and I could feel my heart thumping hard and fast against my rib cage. I was making eye contact with the man, his green eyes piercing into me. They looked so dark. 

"Why did you do this?! You just killed an innocent man, my father!" I shrieked, my hands trembling, ready to pull the trigger any second. 

"Oh my my my, poor little girl, who just lost her father. Cry about it all you want, we just made the world a better place sweetheart." The man with the curly hair said. 

My finger started to squeeze the trigger, but before I knew it, my arm was twisted and the gun was taken out of my hand, and I felt the compact of it hit against my head.

Everything went black. 

/////

oof cliffhanger

pls vote, comment, and share :)))