-8-

Astraea Grey

"No no no no" Colton whined as he snatched his X-box controller from my grasp. In an instanct he killed the two guys that had been shooting at me. "Get your head in the game, sis" He nudged me with his elbow as he head-shot some dude.

"Mhmm" I rubbed my lips as I took the controller back from him and shot another dude. Finally the game ended with Colton's and my team winning with 23-15.

"Are you good? You know with the bakery incident". Colton exited out of the game and placed his controller down looking at me. Since the bakery had been packed with kids from school they sought the opportunity to record the scene, especially the interaction between Hayden and me. 

I was getting ready to quite on this dating  thing. One, his ex was plain crazy. I've never would have imagined that, that's for sure. But you know what they say 'watch out for the quiet ones'. Two, students from school were already suspecting about Hayden and me werent really dating. Because that doofus decieded to stick up for his ex twice today.

I rubbed my forehead. Maybe I was being a little too over dramatic. I mean it was a long day. I ran my fingers throught my wet hair. "I'm fine. Just upset I couldn't do anything about it."

"Okay. Now that's out the way, is it true that Madison is dating Darnell". His grey eyes searched my face and his fingers began playing with the strings of his sweatpants.

"Yes" I fought the urge to even smirk. I mean I've always suspected he had a crush on her but this just proved I was right, considering his actions.

"Oh man. I didn't even get my chance" He grumbled as he threw himself back on his bed. I chuckled following in suit. 

"It's okay. There's a girl that's out there for you. Plus, Mads thinks of you as her little brother."

"Uhh, please don't remind me." He groaned out as he ran his fingers through his hair.

I let out a chuckle. "I know how feel" I stood up from his bed, stretching. "I'm going back to my room, try not to miss me".

"Finally your leaving, you sucked ass" He remarked earning a punch from me.

"Shut up" I grumbled walking out of his room.

"Love you too" He called out sarcastically. I walked back into my room. My letter I had been writing early before Colton dragged me to his room, sat on my desk. I movered  my way over to the desk, almost triping on a dirty shirt on the floor. My room was kinda of a mess, with clothes thrown everywhere. I sat down and grabbed my pen.

Dear Hayden,

That was all that was written. I wasn't going to write another love letter. No I guess you can call it a hate letter. I really didnt care about the name. I just needed to write down my emotions. My pen hovered over what I wanted to write. 

My door swung open causing me to snap my head to the doorway. Hayden walked in looking well I really couldnt tell. He was sometimes good at hiding his emotions. I slide the letter under a plie of books befor returning my attention to him.

"How are you?" He said as he sat down on my bed. I spunned around in my chair to face him.

Arching a brow "Why does everyone feel the need to question how I feel?" 

"Just checking up on you" He shrugged his shoulders. "One of her friends said she did it because she's just jealous" A smirk was playing on his face.

"Kinda figured" I grumbled before standing up. Hayden's eye flickered from my face to my legs. I looked down to see my shorts had risen up a tad bit. "Sorry about that" I mummbled as I lowered my shorts a little.

The sound of Hayden clearing his throat made me stop playing with my fingers. "Your mom brought pizza" A smirk grew on my face. I turned on my heel and ran downstairs.

"Hunny putting the pasta in the bowl isn't going to make it look like you cooked it". My dad voice echoed through the kitchen.

"Sush. It's the least I can do for Astraea after what happened at the bakery." I stopped in my tracks and hid behind the wall.

"What happened?" The anger in my dads voice was evident.

"Well-"

"Astraea what are you doing?" Colton questioned way too loudly as him and Hayden walked down the stairs.

"Astraea, what happened today?" I looked at my father. His arms were crossed but his eyes soften as I faced him.

"Uh well school was boring. Hayden got into a fight." I shrugged my shoulders "That's all that really happened"

"Dad, she's lying. Hayden's crazy ex poured a milkshake she made for her at the bakery."

"Did you fight back?" He inquired arching a brow. 

I knew he was going to ask this. I looked over at Colton who just gave me a 'I'm sorry' glance before walking off. "No Hayden held me back to not make a scene. But it's fine" I shrugged my shoulders "I'll get back at her".

Even though I didn't want to continue with this dating thing. I knew in order to get Hazel mad, then I will have to continue dating Hayden.

"Okay. Just make sure that she hits you first. Then you can hit back. Make it look like you were defending yourself" He muttered before turning into the dinning room. Hayden and me followed in suit. We all took our usual seats and Hayden sat in the empty chair next to me.

"So Hayden I heard you're single. Do you have your eyes on someone". My mom questioned as she served her food. Her eyes flickered from Hayden then to me.

Oh God.

"Mom?!" I groaned out loud rubbing my forehead. I already knew where this conversation was heading. I mean it became a ritual after Hayden or even me went on a date that went bad, our families would question why we weren't together.

"I do and we're actually dating." I snapped my head towards Hayden who was smriking as he looked at me. "I know Astraea should've told you sooner. But we're dating" He finsihed before placing a kiss on my temple.

I looked at my parents who were smiling and then to Colton who looked rather disappointed. "Why are you guys smiling. He's dating your daughter. Should'nt you be mad" Colton interjected. 

"Oh my god. You guys finally came to your senses. You guys were so blind." My mother took a sip of her wine. "Oh I need to call your mother". My mother clapped her hands before slipping out of her chair and running out of the dinning room. "Noah" She called out.

My dad stood to his feet. "We'll be back" He hurried off knowing my mom didnt like to be waiting especially with this kinda of news to tell her bestfriend.

"What have you've done?" I questioned as I looked as Hayden who happened to be enjoying his food.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I wanted to spice things up".

"You're just stupid" I looked over to Colton's seat to see him just smirking at us, as he ate his pizza.