32. The Accidental Lip Bump

A month has passed by and I'm on the verge of breaking down and screaming at Raashid (for something that isn't even his fault).

Every single time, for the last month whenever the two of us would come across each other in the hallways, I would wish him a 'Good Morning ' and he would wish me a 'Good Morning ' and then we were both like, '.............'

None of us moved or said anything. My brain was desperately trying to find a nice topic to talk with him but it wasn't like we had shared any nice memories in particular.

I couldn't just be like, 'Hey, you remember that time when I killed your dog and you cried like a baby? Fucking hilarious!'. We shared absolutely no nice or even normal memories whatsoever.

I could also see him mentally contemplating what to say and what not to say.

'The weather's nice' or something like that worked for the first few times before winter came with storms and everything.

Then a few minutes later, when none of us could think of anything, we both bowed down and went to our classes silently (which also happened to be in the same direction! Oh wait, we have the same fucking classes! Every. single. day.)

Let's just not talk about the fact that we are basically benchmates.

The awkwardness of the silence I had to endure every day was mentally exhausting.

It was better to say that him ignoring me was nice than this awkwardness. At least we both minded our business during those days, but now, he wants to say something and I want to say something BUT we don't know what to say!

Besides the awkward days with Raashid and Aiden's engagement which was last week, nothing special happened during the past month. Oh and except the fact that my knowledge about the future events is completely over.

And right now I'm in the huge schoolyard with a heavy ball (how many pounds is this thing!?) in my hands trying to throw it at Seanna. The first period professor suddenly announced that all the final year students have a special 'Companion -Noble' event where they are supposed to play together (since most of the Companions had different classes than Nobles).

One moment, they ask to kill a gigantic toad monster with a dagger smaller than my book and then the next moment, they hand us a ball telling us to play like 5-year-olds (like even five your olds don't play with ball anymore!).

This school really treats teenagers like elementary children sometimes.

While I was struggling with this ball, the male knights were rocking it.

Most of them were playing dodge balls in groups, breaking people's noses and stuff.

While Caiden and Raashid were playing one on one Volleyball and I don't know how they managed to smash the ball without breaking their fingers. Mari was reading a book somewhere in the corner and if someone called him to play with them he would kindly tell them to fuck off.

At the end of one hour, I was a panting mess. It was damn tiring and I couldn't understand why. Was this body that weak?

"Since the last time it was the lowest rank who collected the balls, this time two highest ranks will collect the balls and keep them in the storage room. Rest can leave for their next classes." The professor said and I was about to turn and leave when Seanna stopped me and whispered, "Adailia, you are supposed to collect the balls."

Why me??!!! Ughhhh!!

"Do you want me to go in your stead?" Seanna asked.

"That won't be necessary." I said. I don't want to treat her like my servant.