Chapter 29: Exams

One Week Later

"You have to be lying to me," Asuma drawled out as he rose an eyebrow of skepticism. "I know he's strong as hell but strong enough to make Orochimaru flee? I can't believe that!" Anko, who was sitting across from Asuma and next to Kurenai, felt her mouth open in awe. 

"No fucking way." Kurenai nodded. 

"It's true, he completely overpowered him. It wasn't even a competition, with a flick of his wrist he caused the dirt to go hundreds of feet in the air before it shot spikes everywhere and killed those guys and made Orochimaru run away!" She breathed. "It was amazing and yet terrifying!" She shivered. "I've never seen him more serious than he was at that moment." 

"Serious? That's news, didn't know he was capable," Asuma said honestly. "He's always grinning and being the one who cheers everyone up. It's just a weird thing to know I guess. . ." 

"Huh, it seems Hokage-sama knew his power. It's just crazy that he used it just to save me. . ." Anko whispered before he fist clenched around her cup. "I hated being so useless. I was so powerless!" 

"Well," A new voice chimed in as Kakashi Hatake took a seat next to Asuma, his eye looking at his book and nothing else. "You did go against one of the best geniuses this village has seen. It's actually not surprising you were so defenseless." 

Anko growled at him and quickly grabbed the knife on the table only to stop as he continued. 

"But you need to stop comparing yourself to someone like Naruto. That boy has been training since he could walk. He's been to hell, kicked Satan's ass, and back. He's the strongest shinobi I've ever seen and I've never seen him fight seriously.

"Naruto has always dreamed of being a god and bringing peace to the world. He's close to that dream now more than ever. It's no surprise he made Orochimaru look like a wimp, I'm actually surprised that the slimy bastard got away." 

"Always was slippery," Anko cursed before taking another swig of her drink. "Anyway, can we change the subject? I'm getting cranky." 

"Hm," Kakashi began before grinning under his mask. "We can always start a reading group about-" 

"No." Kurenai interrupted him immediately. 

"Aw c'mon," Asuma joked as he wrapped an arm around Kakashi's shoulder. "It might be fun!" Kurenai rolled her eyes at the Sarutobi before standing up and stretching. 

"Alright then, it seems that this conversation is over. Let's go Anko, I'm not interested in BBQ anymore." 

"Awww c'mon I was just kidding!" Asuma whined while Kakashi laughed internally at the man's predicament. 

"Anko and I are going to the bar. Hopefully, we won't run into any annoying perverts!" 

"Listen, man," Naruto began, his voice slightly slurred as he downed another shot of whiskey. "Ever since Kurama and I became friends, he's been able to on and off his regeneration. Now, I can drink and get drunk!" 

"I know Naruto-san," Hachi, the bar owner said as he was drying a clear glass. "You tell me this every time you get drunk." Naruto then leaned in to and whispered to the bar owner. 

"What if someone tries to take advantage of me? I mean, I'm drunk! I can't even see straight!" Naruto then began laughing as he slapped the countertop. "I'm just kidding! Hachi-san, you wouldn't believe me if I told you that on my last mission I completely bitch slapped somebody across the battlefield!"