Undine

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"The negation of magic, is the power of your demon, isn't it?"

Asta stared in shock and astonishment at the tall water spirit in front of us. Her dress surrounded us and it felt like the water. There were even waves acting as ripples of the dress. I flew up while with the wind and stared her down. As long as she didn't try to kill Asta, we should be fine. Even her hair took on the waves. The water levels were rising rapidly.

"Unpleasant as it may be, it seems you are quite adapt at wielding it. Strong as you are, you cannot hope to fight against me and you who have naught a bit of magic within you is considered Tier 9 magic at best."

The water levels rised and began dragging Asta's sword in circles. Undine must have made her most concentrated mana there since the sword follows mana. Asta too was dragged around in circles. Asta asked what the Tier Magic System was and she began explaining it to Asta. Her whirlpool shackled him down so I swooped in and grabbed him with my vines absorbing the water shackles making them smaller for Nero. Nero came out in her true form as she told Undine that our magic could not be judged by ability alone.

Seeing a box, that seemed to act as an air pocket, I grabbed Asta and hurled him in that direction as Nero and I dove underwater and followed right behind him. My vines were secured around Nero as to not loose her in the tides. My vines also absorbed the large amount of water and mana in it, allowing me to replenish my energy. Asta's sword made a slash that created an entrance to allow us through. Undine gasped aloud as Asta excused himself for coming through.

There was a throne but a doll sat on it. I sensed someone in this room however. Someone powerful. Asta seemed shocked so his Ki must've told him there was someone in here too. I'm surprised at the effort to dress up the doll. It had a veil and clothes on as well as facial features. I saw something shifting behind the chair so I pointed it out to Asta as I helped Nero up.

There laid a girl behind the throne, she sat on a really fluffy beaver as her grimoir with a heart sign in the middle of it was behind her. Her crown was on it's side on the floor. Her long hair that was everywhere and her clothing attire that seemed to be more fitting to one who was sleeping. She was snuggling happily into the beaver with her face buried into it's fluffy wool fur. The beaver was clearly a plushie.

At that moment, my mother senses tingled, a new child I could adopt. I need to look into adopting children. She let out a yawn and a sound of content as she kept rubbing her face into the wooly beaver fur. If I had to get this girl a gift, I already know what to get. Asta, Nero and I shared a look. Asta warily announced his presence with a small hey. Contrasting his loud rambunctious personality. She suddenly sprung to life.

"Ahh! Sorry! Sorry! It's just that snuggling a beaver feels so goood!"

The girl's face collided with Asta's chin as she stood up. Both of them fell to the floor in pain as the girl groaned while Asta was silent. Nero and I stood in disbelief. The girl held her head as Undine sent a water wave over to move Asta away, leaving him completely soaked if he wasn't before. He screamed out his confusion as Undine came over and nuzzled the girl's head. Sighing, I headed over and held my hand above her head.

'Nature's Love: Minor Blessing'

The girl looked up in happiness at her pain being gone. Thankfully, I took a few steps back since she would have headbutted me too. Undine took on a light reprimanding voice to the girl. She asked her what she was doing since she thought she already told her to change out of her pyjamas already. She addressed her name as Lolopechka. I don't think I could remember that name if I tried. I took my bag out that thankfully was waterproof and wrote her name down.

"I'm soo sorry" Lolopechka apologised as she pushed up her unique glasses that had a weird design on them. I swear a lot of people pick looks over conventional. Nero had a silent look of disbelief as Asta had a hand to his mouth as he let out a gasp. They both didn't believe this was the Queen. Well I guess in this case, she is the princess. I told her it was alright as she almost screamed at my presence.

"So the lower the levels go, the stronger they get?"

Soon, she started explaining all the Tier Magic System with the level stuff in more detail since our Kingdom didn't use it. Battles between mages aren't fought with number but instead the strength of their magic. She leaned foward in her crouched position as she explained that it didn't matter how many dozens of people group up against one lone talented mage. They wouldn't stand a chance at all which made sense. That's why wars between Magic Nations Military strength was measured by "Magic Levels". The amount of mages nearing a 0 level was representing that country's strength.

Furthermore, fighting a demon required mages of level 1 or greater which made Asta let out a sound of recognition. He remembered our mission as he told the princess our mission but I gained the attention by pointing at the princess casually and saying she was the one cursed by the demon. She agreed as she lifted her shirt to show her stomach. There the mark of the curse laid.

A/N: I love (M/N) going full detective mode and actually putting things together. He also just randomly starts adopting kids. Thanks for reading and commenting!

 Thanks for reading and commenting!