02

Charlotte had been with Klaus for more than an hour now, and she quite literally hadn't spoken a word to

It was more than evident that Klaus was someone who angered easily and Charlotte was doing her best to avoid death on her first day resurrected. She was certainly curious what exactly they were doing but Klaus paid her no attention nor offered an explanation, a little too distracted to bother interrogating the girl he'd taken.

Sitting on some strangers couch, she waited with her head buried in her hands as Klaus stood in the kitchen talking softly with the woman who'd first invited them in. The woman was a witch, Charlotte was sure of it, she radiated power but not in the way that vampires or wolves did. She radiated a power that Charlotte remembered from the Other Side with certain witches, a strength of will and magic that had always felt as though it could pull her back through the curtain.

This wasn't their first stop since leaving the Grill with Klaus. First they'd traveled down to a cellar in the woods where the vampire Caroline sat unconscious in chains with the wolf Tyler opposite. Klaus had bent down, rattling the wolf's chains in mocking, his ever-present smirk covering his face as he turned in glee to the disgusted Salvatore who stood nervously where he'd left her. 

After his cruel taunt, Klaus had turned back away, continuing to make arrangements while Charlotte began edging to the doorway. Her eyes wanted to be anywhere but on him and she hoped the distraction of his task might allow her to steal her freedom. She'd actually had hope she could make it too but then suddenly he'd sped in front of her, clucking his tongue in disapproval and causing her breath to catch in her throat with fear.

Despite everything, he seemed more amused at her attempt than mad and all he did was grasp her arm and speed them off to the next place.

The woman's home was decorated in floral cushions, embroidery, and a sign that seemed to say 'Live laugh love'. It didn't quite suit her. Though she had no real basis for her expectations, Charlotte thought she seemed like more of an ultra minimalism type, empty shelves and white walls. 

No style as a style.

Klaus' voice raised slightly, the murmuring almost audible and Charlotte leant in a little. Her head was still in her hands but it tilted slightly, hoping she might be able to catch something of their discussion. 

Charlotte leaned in a little, her head still in her hands but tilted slightly to try to hear something of their discussion until it suddenly, pointedly, halted.

Glancing up she saw Klaus watching her attempt to eavesdrop, "No one likes a nosy Nancy, sweetheart," he called out with a smirk on his face. Blushing, she turned away quickly, shuffling back against the seat and laying her head back on the couch in resignation.

She wasn't quite sure how long they stayed at the house, at some point she got up to ask for the bathroom but the smirk was replaced by a glare and she sat back down, leaning back into her place. Crossing her arms over her chest her fingers fiddling, she tapped a long memorised pattern on her arm in an attempt to soothe herself. To distract herself from her thoughts running wild. Charlotte was worried for Elena, the doppelgänger soon to be vampire. She'd only known her for hours, but she could see how her brothers cared for her and she cared for them.