Past: Winter Fights

Age: 8/9

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Sneakily, I managed to steal some food ingredients like cheese, bread, milk and a few other things in minor amounts so no one would notice. I quickly took off into a few different alleyways before taking off into the woods. A success. My bare feet made small thumping and crunching noises as I ran back home over the thick snow. I got to my treehouse and entered through the hole to a homely inside before closing the wobbly door behind me. There were clean pillows and blankets everywhere that I washed after I saw a ton dumped in the street. Half of the space was taken up by a makeshift bed. That bed was an abandoned single bed mattress I found and cleaned that was wrapped well in bed sheets just in case any spring came out. I put a blanket above the entrance so no cold air would come in and secured it with my vines.

I placed the bag filled with food items next to the other bags with non perishable food items. I grabbed myself the kettle and began boiling some water with the heat Nature provided who was sitting on my bed. She looked happy at the food items I brought. I fixed myself up a makeshift breakfast meal with the meat she was cooking with her heat and bread with some cream cheese and regular cheese. I made myself a cup of hot tea with sugar before plopping down next to her.

"I heard your friends will have a snowball fight today, you should join them."

"I'll try!" Exclaiming, I happily dug into my food and soon I was done before downing my cup of hot tea which made me warm. I let out a sigh of satisfaction once I was done with a big toothy smile. Nature stared at my feet before she pulled out a box made out of vines. Eagerly, I touched the box and the vines unwrapped to reveal a few pairs of socks and two pairs of shoes. There was also a warm pair of pants and a woolly jacket that had a hood.

"Is this for mee?!"

"Indeed, you've been the best child I could ask for. Thank you"

"N-no thank you!" I said as hot tears piled up in the corner of my eyes. They leaked out onto my cheeks as I tried rubbing them away with a pout. Nature's sharply clawed finger carefully and gently wiped those few tears away before smiling down at me. Laughing, I eagerly got ready to put them on as I put my plate in the corner. Nature picked me up in her arms as she grabbed my clothes including the new ones including my toiletries. She made me get changed and put my ladybug timer for when I needed to brush my teeth.

"I'm done!"

"I'll be watching in case anything bad happens. Come let's go"

Nature grabbed my hand and helped me put on my fuzzy coat and zipped it up. I began jumping around excitedly as she grabbed my hand and lead me towards the church even if I could've done it easily myself. I was talented at mana searching. Eventually, I heard a familiar loud rambunctious boy as Nature disappeared. She must be watching from somewhere. I laughed and ran over to hug Yuno and Asta who were playing together.

Everyone got into their positions as we started rolling our snowballs. Asta's lacked precision yet Yuno's had too much effort put into them. Mine were a bit on the softer side because I didn't want to hurt them. We began building our forts before we started hurling snowballs at each other. I was strategic and had the height advantage since I was older than them.

"Not fair (M/N)!"

"Too bad~"

"Asta let's team up!"

"Yes!"

My fight became me fighting off two people who were a team. This became much harder and I had barely enough energy to keep up. I retreated into my little fort an buried myself in snow under the pile of snowballs. Once they broke through, I could hear them looking around for me. I heard footsteps coming my hiding spot so I sprung up and launched my attack. They got covered in snow as I laughed and ran off before they got up and chased me down.

"Argh! We're gonna get you!"

"A-Asta do we have to?"

I paused my running even if it got me a snowball in the face. I turned around and saw Yuno crying. I rushed  over to him and hugged him while apologising for being so mean. Asta told Yuno not to cry and man up but I reassured Yuno it was fine. His red face got more red in embarrassment. I wiped Yuno's tears away and booped our noses together. Yuno giggled as he cheered up. I laughed too. Asta pelted me in snowballs after our touching moment. The nun came out shortly afterwards and offered me to join them but I reassured them that it was fine.

"Bye bye both of you!"

Asta excitedly waved me goodbye while Yuno waved me goodbye with a red face and a shy wave. Taking off into the forest, Nature came out among the trees and took me back home. She held out a box and inside was warm pudding and other sweets delights. We went home quickly and grabbed my clothing as she grabbed the medium tub portable tub that I could sit it before taking me outside. It was cold for a few moments but she quickly heated up the water and I got in.

"Brrrr! Hehe, I had so much fun today! Ah, no shampoooo. It hurts when it gets in my eyes."

"You're not supposed to put it in your eyes silly. Here let me show you"

"Oh! This is nice! I thought it was for my face hehe!"

A/N: Thanks for reading this winter special! This is when Yuno fell for the dense (M/N). Don't worry, (M/N) won't be that badly dense for longer. Thanks for reading and commenting!

 Thanks for reading and commenting!