F I F T E E N

FIFTEEN: KISS & SWEAR. 

THEODORE RAYMOND'S POV

I SHOULD HAVE known better that this girl was a lunatic. Striding towards where she went, a long chain of curses flew from my mouth without a barrier. 

She was sitting on the pavement concrete, unbuckling her heels. Her mouth was constantly forming incomprehensible words as her long curls came in front of her eyes. I would be a coward if I said she didn't look breath-taking. But, I cannot get that out. Never. 

She looked at me and then stood up, her bare feet feeling the ground. She looked exactly the same as she was when she didn't drink, just the air around her was less pensive. Her face wasn't showing how high she was but the vibe around her forbade to agree to that. 

My eyes followed her every move, arduously. You never know when she turns on her 'Oscar-winning lunatic show'.

She held out her heels to me, her face radiating innocence but I knew better, at least this time. 

"What?" I questioned in my regular hard tone. 

She forwards her heels in my direction and looked at me with adorably shiny eyes, her lips pouty and sullen. 

Damn! 

Is this also a side of her? I could never imagine her showing her fragile, unguarded side. This was totally new and surprising for me. She looked totally light-hearted and less of 'Maleficent'. But surprisingly it was refreshing. As if, she only allowed me inside her facade. 

I resist repeating my query and look at her sternly, demanding the answer with my raised eyebrows. 

"Hold my heels." 

"Why should I do that?" I fold my hands across my chest to look more intimidating and scary and shift my weight on the other leg. 

"Because you will be my husband. And you should support your wife's weight on this cruel earth." Her face was glowing radiant, void of any mundane art. And neither did she have an effect by my stern gaze. As if she just got used to it. 

Didn't she forget who I was? 

And was acting all this time? 

Even in her drunken state, it was difficult to solve her. As if she didn't like being solved by everyone. And it was the thing which aroused me to unravel her and then break her. 

Her lips were still adorned by that pout. Damn. Her lips. Looked totally worthy to kiss and have a little savor. I looked away and shook my head at my thoughts. 

What's wrong with me? One moment I want to shatter her and on the other, I want to kiss her. 

"Should the husband support his mistress to hold her uptight?" My voice, to my amusement, held tease and I raised my eyebrows in mischief. Just let me pick her up and drop her in a bean bag. And then import her to Antarctica. Problem solved. 

She squealed as if reading my inner musings and dropped her heel. Her hand covered her mouth which formed 'O'. Her eyes were as big as sausage. 

I took a step forward, just like a predator stalks his prey. My eyes focused on how to tame her. Her surprised eyes expanded if it was even possible and she ran off to the other direction shouting like a maniac. She shrieked so loudly that I swear I flinched. 

I shook my head, trying to feign disappointment but I ended up bubbling a few chuckles. I rushed to my car and brought it to the main road from the parking lot, where that lunatic ran. Not to forget, I even picked up her shoes and threw them in the back seat.