Loving You More!

Annika is on the bed,sleeping.Shivaay is watching her from a distance.He recalls how he came after Annika when she had run away from the hall.He waited for her to come out of the washroom but she didn't.Then he went out and got changed in another room.

Now standing beside the bed,he is observing his wife sleeping away.Annika's pillow got soaked  because of her wet,unkempt hair.Shivaay goes and opens the cupboard then brings out another pillow.He changes Annika's wet one with that carefully,without hampering her sleep.Then he too gets in the bed and lies down facing Annika in order to sleeping.

 Past Midnight

-------------------

Annika opens her eyes then sits up on the bed.Shivaay is sleeping next to her.She removes the duvet and about to get down but stops in the middle.She turns and sees Shivaay has grabbed her hand.He says still lying-

S: We were together in that.You didn't have to go through it alone..............He too sits up holding Annika's hand and switches on the lights.Annika has sat looking down.Shivaay says-

Dekhogi bhi nahi mere taraf?Look at me Annika.....She lifts her gaze towards her husband.Her eyes are moist from crying.Shivaay wipes out those tear traces from her face.Finally Annika finds her voice-

A: I shouldn't have run away like that.There was nothing wrong in...in our coming close!But don't know why....She stops.

S: You didn't know....what Annika?

A: I....I was feeling terrible inside.You were in front of me still I felt you weren't.Like we stood across a glass wall that separated us.We were so close but a hollowness kept on engulfing me.I....I didn't understand what should I do.I was afraid and.........She stops then lets her guard off and hides herself in the safety of her husband's arms,trembling.

Shivaay secures his hands around his terrified wife.He starts caressing Annika's hairs to calm her down.He goes on thinking- What Annika said was absolutely correct.Before marriage,they didn't get enough time to know and understand each other.But fortunately,this scenario got changed.Along with that,there surfaces another truth- Annika is yet to love him.She has accepted herself as his wife but that provides little help in the Back to Square One status of their relationship.

Annika,only Annika would be his wife and Shivaay was very sure of it from the moment he met her.What he wasn't sure about Annika's falling in love with him.In the evening what happened between them was a normal husband-wife thing.But,not for Annika.She was frightened to surrender herself in those moments.She was pulled between her body's demand and the refusal of her heart.She won and lost at the same time while saving the innocence of her feelings.Love,that has its origin in the heart and ultimately excels in the merging of the two souls is yet to flourish in the life of Shivaay and Annika.

Stopping the flow of his thoughts,Shivaay says to Annika who is in his arms-

S: I am just coming.Don't worry.

He gets down the bed and reaches near the dressing table.He gets a towel then picks up the the hair brush of Annika and returns to her on the bed.Then,Shivaay takes his wife's unkept,untidy wet hairs in his hand and starts drying and combing those with great affections.Finishing that he makes Annika turn towards him.He holds her both hands in his grasp then says-

S: Don't burden yourself with unnecessary thoughts.Just know this,you are nowhere to be blamed for anything that happened.You have not got used to this husband-wife's private life and that's......okay.With time,you will understand everything.Trust my words Annika.................Shivaay wipes out tear traces from Annika's face.He makes her lie down on the pillow and covers both of them with duvet.She closes her eyes while Shivaay careess her hairs.Soon,Annika falls asleep.

Though Shivaay assured Annika that Time will teach everything to her but he didn't tell her until she would learn to love him,there would be very little to expect out of her.It could be of huge help on his side to Annika if he would open his heart to her.In other words,he should confess his love to her.He has done so indirectly many times but those are being missed by Annika,clearly.No matter what,one can't teach anyone how to love.Still,love will find her heart's way,one day or other.Because,Annika Vardhan Trivedi is destined to love Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

Few Days Later

--------------------

Queen's College held annual youth festival and all students and teachers took part in different cultural program.Families of the students were invited on the closing ceremony so the Oberois and Trivedis had come to attend.A drama of Shakespeare- "As You Like It" got staged by the English department.Annika and her friends and other senior students performed in that.Everyone praised their act and performances especially of Annika's who played the role of Rosalind,the heroine.Tickets got issued for watching the drama and the money from it and other donation would be given to different orphanages.

Shivaay and Annika are going home together,in the same car.It's drizling outside.They are talking about the festival-

S: .........That was really nice.You all performed so well.I was totally engrossed....He smiles and Annika frowns watching that!

A: "All" means,each one?

S: Why?Should have I watched only One?

A: Why are you asking me?You....can do anything you want!She turns away her face.Shivaay chuckles on that!

S: I have heard the money you guys collected would be spent on social cause.

A: We will give the money to needy people and to orphanage authorities.

S: Prinku told me that it was your idea.You seem experienced in this matter no?

A: When I was in school back in the USA,once I met Sister Martha on the road,quite accidentally.She was asking for help for the children of the orphanage she worked.It used to run on public donation.When we met,she and other sisters and nuns were in dire need of money to continue with the orphanage facilities.Someone used to bear the major expenditure of the orphanage.But,on his sudden death,Daffodil House(the name of the orphanage)started suffering.Sister Martha sought govt help and they got a sanction somehow.But it was to be applied two months later.To cover the two months expenses,Sister Martha and other nuns were running flower stalls.But the income was meager for almost 300 children of the orphanage.

I talked to my friends and we decided to help them out.We arranged money by doing charity functions and made Daffodil House self-supporting through a workshop where various types of domestic items were made and sold by the orphanage members.We made an online store for it too.Now it's running smoothly on its own.It doesn't need anyone's help though many look forward to helping.I miss my days spent with Sister Martha and those lovely children................Annika sighs then smiles on reliving those sweet memories.

Shivaay says nothing.He just enjoys watching his wife's happy expressions.All of a sudden Annika shouts-

A: Shivaay....stop the car.

S: Why,what happened?

And the car stops.Annika opens the door and gets down.She stretches her hands around to feel the rain.Little girls and boys are playing by the side of the road,in the rain.Shivaay comes out of the car and urges-

S: You will catch cold Annika,get inside.....She stops him.

A: We will go home on foot in the rain.

S: Are you serious?Annika.....

A: Shivaay plz.Even if we take car,will reach within five minutes.Let us drench.Come on.............Shivaay had to agree.Then,both the husband and wife starts walking ahead,hand in hand while drenching in the afternoon rain.