Chapter 6

[EDIT; 3/2014]: Whether you're re-reader or a first time reader, I just want to formally apologize to you before you continue on with this story. Unlike the first five chapters, the rest of the story has not been edited. So, please keep in mind that I was thirteen when I wrote this. Forgive me, lovelies. I want to finish this story before I edit all of it.

*      *      *

     At times like these, I wished I had karate classes.

    Not that I never asked.

    But I knew in the process of learning, I’d be attacking myself rather than anyone else on more than just a few occasions. I wasn’t exactly the most coordinated person in the world, but with objects of some sort, I would do wonders…

    After school, I made only small conversation with Katrina – afraid that my attitude would snap at anything, especially a simple ‘hello’ – and went to the library. For what? I had no idea.

    Maybe I needed some insight on how to kill someone, but I doubted I would get far on research with the computers there. Since the librarians watch everything. And it’s not everyday you see a girl searching ways to hide a dead body.

    I flinched. That was about the second time I thought like that. Hurting Jesse would be delightful, but killing him? He probably didn’t deserve such punishment. Or maybe he did, and I haven’t been watching him at all.

    My hand skidded across numbers of books, before I found one that caught my eye. The carpet was a good place to sit, considering I might make faces throughout my stay here – and I highly presumed that people would be staring if I sat at a table. To be honest, the book itself didn’t fascinate me – it was just the words that described the being of anger or pain that kept me in a daze. So I had no idea that there were two girls my age, peeking their heads in through the side of the aisle – staring at me.

    I slammed the book shut and shot them looks. “May I help you?”

    One of them, dressed in what seemed to be a uniform, stepped forward. “We need your help with something.”

    I gave them both a questioning look. “Do I look like I work here?”

    The other girl, who looked about on the shorter side, laughed behind her. But the main one shook her head and continued walking up to me. “I mean about Jesse.”

    My eyes widened. “I don’t know who you’re talking about.”

    Maybe they were mad because I was talking to him. Boys like him are always bound to be bad news. Just looking at him could get me shot.

        “We’ve seen you with him…and maybe, we thought that—”

    I stood up and put the book away, interrupting her. “I’m not dating him – and to be honest, I don’t plan on it. You can have him; he’s all yours. But keep in mind that he has a girlfriend – for right now at least.”

    I had left before they had another chance at talking, and slipped through the back of the library unscathed. The wind attacked me as I got in my car, and during the drive, I couldn’t help but wonder what they wanted.

    I mean…for all I know, they could want to make him scream – like a girl…

    That would be fun…

    I opened the door to the house, and walked in – this time, tossing my bag near the stairs and walking into the living room. My dad was there again, eating chips and watching law shows.